Monday, September 15, 2008

We're surviving...

Ok, I know this isn't the most exciting post ever, or one that will get a ton of clever comments, but I just wanted to let you all know that we're still here and surviving. Sammy started Kindergarten...and, well, he has survived so far, and so have I (barely). And then there is Tyler...I decided to bite the bullet and potty train the little guy. He seems so "old" in so many ways, but then when I realized that I had to change his diaper all day long it just seemed like it was time. Tyler is pretty proud of his accomplishments so far, and he really is doing pretty good. He's been earning stickers on a chart, and then those stickers add up to some new "Cars" cars that I have had stashed for quite some time. He's pretty excited about all the cool new underwear he gets to wear too. But there is also the hassle of A LOT of laundry, carpet cleaner, and sanitizing wipes for me....and, well, I'm barely surviving that. Matt is doing good. He's busy with hospital shifts, teaching, and being the best and most patient dad/hubby ever! We got to go on a date on Saturday to celebrate our 8th anniversary!! It was nice to get away and be "just us" for a few hours! (Thanks G-ma Deb for the tending services!). I have some pictures piling up on my camera that I need to download soon....and then I'm sure I'll have some more exciting posts for you all. Until then...

7 comments:

katherine said...

i have been thinking about you and all that is going on - with the new home and Sammy with school - glad you are surviving a bit!! and glad that you got to go on a date with Matt - 8 years, that is so great!!

Robyn said...

I meant to ask you what you did for your anniversary date! Who's turn was it to plan? 8 years, man we are old. Glad to hear you are surviving, if only barely. I need to follow you and get Henry potty trained. I dread it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow 8 yrs. I remember when you got married. I hope you have many more wonderful ones ahead of you!

*Leslie* said...

Happy Anniversary! Good luck with everything!

sewnews said...

Congratulations on the anniversary and on life in general. You are both awesome people and parents Love Ed and Lynn

Jill J said...

Ha! Oh, potty training! I baby sat a little guy last week who was potty training. he held his poop for 2 days so he didn't have to go on the potty, and as soon as mom went out the door, out came the poop! Quite an explosion.

Shannon said...

Glad you're surviving! Sometimes that says it all, doesn't it? Thanks for the b-day call too, you're the bestest! I think we need to have a little gathering at your house! It's adorable!