This year for my birthday my mom gave me the most wonderful present....a plane ticket to Arizona for a fun Mother's Day weekend get away! My mom, my grandma, and I got to go down to visit my Aunt Pam & Uncle Bryce who live in Mesa. My cousin Candace came from Colorado to meet us too. I also figured out a way to slip away for a day and go visit Robyn who lives in Phoenix....so it was a jammed packed weekend of fun with my favorite females!!!
Pam & Bryce's home was amazing! They made us feel so welcome and really pampered us the whole time! We enjoyed a dip in the pool each morning in their paradise of a backyard. It was nice to enjoy breakfast outside, watch the birds, and just relax with everyone. One morning we got everyone in the pool, except Grandma Lola, and did a synchronized swimming routine! It was hilarious....and we laughed until it hurt!

We spent our time shopping, lounging, talking, watching shows (that were NOT animated!), eating yummy food, and sitting in Bryce's massage chair! Pam & Bryce also took us out to dinner to a fabulous Mexican restaurant one night. We took the opportunity to take some pictures while waited for a table.

Me and Deb....she's the BEST MOM EVER!!!!

Pam, Grandma Lola, and Deb.....it was great to see Lola have some quality time with her only daughters.

Me and Candace...this is my "double cousin" (our moms are sisters and our dads are brothers) that I just adore.

Cute Grandma Lola....she was such a trooper on this trip! She hadn't been on an airplane in over 10 years! Going through security with her was hilarious!
Spending a weekend with these lovely ladies was just what I needed to recharge the batteries!
Robyn (Bobby) was kind enough to come a get me in Mesa and take me in for a day. We had a good time going to dinner with her boys and husband, David. Her boys are so stinkin' cute and so fun to be around.

Robyn, William, and Jack.....we have secretly arranged a marriage for Jack and Lilly when they grow up!
After a late night of staying up and talking, we woke up the next day and went to Henry's T-ball game. I was super impressed with these little 5 years olds and their skillz! I was also impressed with the size of their elementary school....it was more like a college campus!

David was kind enough to take the boys for the afternoon so that Bobby and I could have some girl time. We went to eat at this AMAZING place called "Oregano's" (we NEED one of those in SLC!) and shared some sweet potato fries and a pesto chicken pizza! Yum. We also did a little shopping and a little Facebook stalking back at Bobby's house until the boys got back home. It was so nice to just hang out and enjoy each other's company. Lucky for me, she is coming to Utah at the end of the month....so I wasn't too sad that I only got one day with her!
And thanks to my mommy for the fun trip!
Oh, and just in case you were wondering....Matt and the kids survived just fine while I was gone. Thanks Matty for being "super dad!"






6 comments:
Let's do that again soon. I love you more than sweet potato fries at Oregano's (and that's a lot).
Soooo fun! Love the pics and the synchronized swimming - good thing you had practice at my pool :)
I did not get the call you were in town?
I had so much fun on this trip. I wish we could do it every year!!
What a GREAT trip!!! It looks like you such a fun time....but I am glad you are back and we can hang out!
What an awesome trip!!!! Love weekend getaways. You are definitely loved and lucky to be pampered.
Post a Comment