Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tyler turns 6!

Mr. Tyler is SIX!!!!!

We started off the week long festivities at Grandma's house during Sunday dinner. He chose spaghetti and meatballs for his b-day dinner. Then he opened some fabulous presents! Finally, we put some candles on his Toy Story cake (which he helped bake, design, and decorate!), sang the song, and stuffed our faces full of frosting goodness!

The day before his the big day, Grandma took him to go pick out his birthday balloons(s). 
What a fun tradition!!!

On the BIG DAY, Tyler had the day off of school....so we planned for a full day of birthday FUN!
We started with Tyler's pick for his b-day breakfast: cinnamon rolls and orange juice. He didn't even end up eating all of his roll....he was too excited for what was coming next!

The Birthday Party!
(The kindergarteners had the day off of school on his birthday, so we decided to have Tyler's buddies over for a party that morning!)
I thought it was a little weird to have cake and ice-cream at 10:30 in the morning, so Tyler was happy with the donut idea.

Here is the whole crew eating their donuts. What a cute group of kids!

We played some really fun games....we did an obstacle course, pin-the-tail type game, and the classic roll the dice/put socks on your hands/try to unwrap a box that has been wrapped 20 times game. The kids loved it!

They all got a mask (the "theme", and I use that term loosely, was "The Incredibles") for one of the games. We ended up taking some really funny pictures while they all had their mask on! (We played the shout-out-a-word-and-pose-for-a-picture-game.... I think this one was "Scared!")

This was "Sleepy!" (Funny how they ALL tilted their heads the same way!)

Tyler's buddies spoiled him with some fun new toys. I think it is fun for him to be introduced to new kinds of toys that he hasn't had before. "Squinkies"? "Hero Factory"?

I had to laugh during the party. Here I had carefully planned what I thought would take 2 hours for us to do. Of course, we were all done with my "plans" after about 90 minutes. Luckily, it was a nice day and we hadn't taken down the trampoline yet....so we sent the kids out in the backyard and let them run around and burn off their donut energy. They loved it!

One of Tyler's buddies stayed after the party for a play date. It worked out quite nice to have someone to play with and enjoy all the fun new toys together. (Sam was still at school). We finished the day off with Tyler's pick for dinner (Jason's Deli) and more presents! 

Happy Birthday my sweet Tyler!!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Tyler is such a fabulous six year old. I think one of his most endearing atttributes is his willingness to help. No matter what it is Tyler is always glad to help you.