(I started writing this post almost 4 weeks ago...
and didn't get around to finishing it. Oops!)
This picture of a baseball bat in the toilet basically sums up my summer....
somewhat random, somewhat silly, and "could have been worse!"
Charlie has entered the stage of curious baby-hood. He thought it was oh-so-clever to put his plastic baseball bat in the toilet.
Note: We have now since tried to start a habit of closing the bathroom doors so that he can't get in!
One day Sam and Tyler decided to organize all of our children's books. If you know me, I love to organize...so it was a sweet mommy moment to see that my boys had come up with this little project on their own!
They worked together for almost an hour sorting the books into piles of similar books (i.e. super heroes, church, lift-a-flap, etc.) or same author (i.e. Dr. Seuss, Sandra Boynton, etc.). It was great fun...until Charlie woke up from his nap! So we hurried and put the books back on the shelves, trying to keep the piles together. Their organization didn't last long...but that is ok. I would rather them enjoy the books than try to keep all of the "Magic Tree House" series together!
Random, I know.
Those are Charlie's footprints on his changing table cover. Matt thought it was cute and took a picture.
A rare moment, indeed!
I was giving Lilly a haircut (more like a trim) and she was sitting still long enough that I attempted a French twist. It was rough (for me) but I made it all the way around to her right ear. Not bad! I need more practice....
Sam actually let me put gel in his hair one day before church...so Matt quickly got a quick picture of his sweet hair-do before he could run away!
In August we had several weeks of extended Cropper family activities and adventures. This picture was during one of the family reunion days at my in-laws' church.
Aunt Heather, cousin Jenna, and Lilly were dancing together so cute during the line dancing. I think Lilly thought that "Ring Around the Rosies" should count as line dancing!
A sweet moment with Grandpa Leigh.....reading to Miranda and Lilly.
If Leigh had his choice he would probably read to them from the encyclopedia...but the "Cat in the Hat" will do for now.
Sam and Tyler are all about the LEGOS these days. They thought it would be fun to take their picture with some of their creations and email them to the Lego magazine people.
Here are their submissions:
(Fingers crossed that they get picked to be featured in the magazine!)
Gardner Village was the location for the Farmer's Market this summer....so since it is so close to our house we decided to take the kids one Saturday morning to check it out.
Grandma Deb came along too and treated the kids to a ride in the barrel train.
(She also hooked us up with a yummy frozen berry lemonade drink that was to die for!)
Lilly, Tyler, and I bought a bottle of milk to feed to the lambs. Those babies can SUCK!
We were giggling the entire time! The three of us would take turns holding the bottle and every time we switched the lambs would go nuts trying to get the next taste! Good times!
And that concludes this random post of some summer goodness.











5 comments:
yoadmeI really enjoyed the blog update. The Farmers Market was a wonderful outing. I especially enjoyed exploring the furniture store with
Sam. It was great fun.
Your whole family is so cute. Good for Mattie for snapping a picture of those cute footprints. I love that your boys organized the books! I wonder how long they'd have kept going if Charlie didn't wake up.
All the randomness is great.... You hve such a cute family..
Love it, Heather!
Cutest family ever! Aren't we glad baseball bats are too big to be flushed!?
Post a Comment