Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cramming in some more fun....

We've been cramming in some more fun before sister arrives (most likely this week sometime!). So guess where the kids wanted to go on Dad's last day off? Oh, I don't know, Jungle Jim's!?! Again? Yes, they love that random place.

Notice the extreme concentration by both Cropper children as they wait for the alligators to emerge from the plastic swamp.

Gotta love the bumper cars. Sam actually tried it this time! He lasted for about 1 minute, then wanted "off", but Tyler and Matt stayed in there for about 10 minutes! (We basically had the place to ourselves while we were there, so the powers that be let us do pretty much whatever for however long we wanted!).

Sam's class went on a field trip to the Children's Museum this past week...so I was "brave" and volunteered to go. We got to ride Trax to get there - which was a HUGE bonus for Sam. He actually hasn't ever had a ride on Trax before, so to ride the train downtown was SUPER exciting! He just stared out the window the whole time and hardly moved (in a good way). The museum was, of course, the bomb! I love that place. It was fun to follow Sam around and just let him be and do whatever he wanted. He mostly stayed with the "ball machine" but then surprised me when he got excited about the puppet show theater!

(So nice to capture a "real" smile for once...usually I get the posed super squinty smile) Good times!
The helicopter, for Sam at least, was a mixture of excitement and nervous anxiety! I think he was excited to see a real helicopter...but the LOUD noises it made were just was TOO much for him to handle for longer than 2 minutes!

I just have to mention one more funny thing about this field trip. After our group was done at the museum, we went down to the Gateway fountains to have a snack before we got on Trax to go back home. Well our casual stroll to the Trax station turned into a mad running dash when we realized we were all about to miss our train! There was about 50 kindergarteners, 20 adults, and one NINE MONTHS PREGNANT lady sprinting to make it on the train. Luckily, we made it just with 2 seconds to spare...but I'm sure I was quite a site to rest of the group and onlookers who were waiting for the same train! :)

One last funny thing to document. The boys are really into "I Spy" and "Where's Waldo" book lately. This is our own version called "Where's Sammy?"

3 comments:

Susan Morgan said...

What wonderful posts, Heather.

You have such great children. No wonder you adore them. It's good to hear about their accomplishments, and good to hear about those people who have made a difference in their lives. I am glad to hear about Sam's progress, in particular.

It's so exciting that your daughter is almost here!!! May you have an easy delivery and a healthy baby girl.

sewnews said...

Oh love the visual for the run for the train! You are wonderful parents. Look forward to tht little girl

Verity said...

I can so see you sprinting for the TRAX! What a fun read. Good luck these next few days! We love you!