
Our baby girl made her grand entrance on Friday, May 1st, 2009. (I guess in some parts of the world this day, "May Day", is quite a holiday! So we will have extra reasons to celebrate this day every year!) After 25+ hours of labor (yikes) she was born at 11:06 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 4 oz. and is 20 inches long. We feel so blessed that she is healthy and that everything with the delivery went well.
We named her Lilly Ann Cropper...and she is just as dainty as her name suggests. Her first name (and spelling) is actually my great-grandma's name (through my Dad's line)...so we like the fact that it is a "family name". Matt and I decided we liked it LONG ago during my first pregnancy (Sam) but before we knew if we were having a boy or a girl. So we've held on to it ever since and are thrilled to finally have a chance to use it! As for her middle name, Ann, it's my middle name as well as my mom's, my grandma's, etc. We just had to continue the tradition!
I've been meaning to post some pictures of her since we got home over the weekend...but as you can imagine, I've had my "hands full". :) But Matt has taken the boys to the playground, Lilly is napping, and I now have a moment to sit and share some of our favorite pictures of the last 5 days. Hopefully I will have more of her soon...maybe even some with her eyes OPEN for a change. She just gets cuter every day.....ENJOY!
Daddy gets first "dibs".
I know Lilly isn't looking too happy in this one...but Matt and I were DEFINITELY in our "happy place" knowing that Lilly arrived safe and sound.
We were so happy that Grandma Deb was present for Lilly's arrival. Thanks to traffic and elevator issues she almost didn't make it in time! :)
Here's Lilly enjoying the "baby warmer". For some reason this picture makes her look much bigger than she actually is...but it's cute nonetheless.
Lilly smelled so sweet after her first bath. I just love the little bow that they put on her head.
Grandma and Grandpa brought the boys to the hospital on Friday afternoon to meet their new baby sister. This is our first official "family of 5" picture. We tried to get a "good" one...but it's near impossible with two very excited and fidgity boys.
Tyler was so EXCITED to meet Lilly! He seemed soooo grown-up all of a sudden. (You'll notice we don't have a picture of Sam with Lilly - - this is because he was more interested in the hospital room curtains! That's ok though...I kind of expected it. He is slowly warming up to her by now.)
A great picture with Grandma and Grandpa. (P.S. Thanks to you both for taking care of the boys while we were gone!) - - And another 'shout out' to Aunt Kathy for taking the boys the day/night before! We owe you BIG TIME!
Although she has much more room to stretch out now...it seems that Miss Lilly still enjoys being all curled up in a ball. I love how her little legs/feet fold up under her bum.
I tried my hardest to catch a picture of Lilly while she was awake...but it is still too rare to capture with the camera. Hopefully soon we'll see more of her beautiful navy blue eyes!
Last but not least...this is a picture of "Lilly's rainbow." The day we brought her home from the hospital was a dark, rainy day...but by the time we drove up to the house the clouds started to drift and this BEAUTIFUL rainbow appeared to welcome our new baby home! Amazing....
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
All about Lilly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
She's beautiful!
Congrats!!!! She is beautiful! I am so glad you have your baby girl. Your boys will be great "big brothers". So glad everything went well. I can't wait to see her for real!
She's a cute little thing, and you look like a rock star! Congratulations 3 kids are so fun! (except when you're trying to get to church on time.).......other than that, fun!
Congratulations, she is just beautiful and your family looks so cute. I hope you are getting lots of rest while she is sleeping all the time because it sure won't last :)
THANK YOU for the pictures! Can't wait to see you all in person!
She really is so so pretty. Loved the update. I need to hold that lil one quick!
Oh I am so glad to see more pics of sweet little Lilly! She really is so cute! Congrats Cropper Fam!
We want to send our love & prayers. She is beautiful! Nick is asking when can I see her, when can I hold her? I want to see the boys with her. Nick does love the little ladies! Lots of hugs, love and squishes to you all.
Great Granpa Rod, Gamma Nan & Nicholas
She really is so beautiful. Congratulations you guys! I can't wait to meet her!
Congrats! What a sweet little girl to match a sweet name! You look way too good to have been in labor so long! :)
Yay for a little girl! I'm going to have to claim a little of her as mine. Love you HAC, and happy Cinco de Mayo--wink, wink.
Oh she's so cute!!!! NEVER hesitate to just post lots and lots of pictures!
yea, she is so cute. i am glad all is well!!
Congratulations! That is so great, and I am so happy for you. She is beautiful, and so are you!
She is absolutely georgeous! Congratulations! Thanks for posting more pictures-love it!!
Congratulations! She's adorable and you look great after a long labor!
what a beautiful little girl! and such a cute name too. I can't believe you are a family of 5 now! Crazy! We're getting too old huh? Hope you guys are getting some sleep!
Beautiful girl you have there. Congratulations!
She's so precious! I want one ... but not yet.
Congratulations on your baby girl! She is so beautiful. I love the name Lilly too, but Joe vetoed it long ago. I'm glad it's getting good use on such a pretty girl.
Congrats, Heather! She is a true beauty! I'm glad to hear that you all are doing so well!!
I laughed out loud when I read on Robyn's comment "happy Cinco de Mayo--wink, wink."
Post a Comment