Sunday, November 15, 2009

Halloween festivities

Wow. We really had a great and festive Halloween this year.
We totally missed out on everything last year because we were in California enjoying the Halloween fun at Disneyland....which was totally worth it! But it was fun to let the boys really get into it this time, attend many fun parties, visit family, and go Trick-or-Treating for the first time ever!

If you look close...Sam and his pumpkin are twinners.
The pumpkin is missing his two front teeth, and so is Sam!!!
Great timing buddy.

We enjoyed a great visit with my Grandma Lola. She always decorates her house so cute for every holiday and the kids love to go see it.
(We are so grateful for her to be back at her house and getting better...she had to have both of her shoulders replaced back in the summer and had to stay in a rehab center for a while.)
Grandma Lola and Lilly have a special little bond.
It's so cute to see them cuddle and laugh with each other!

It's also EQUALLY as cute to see these two together!
Grandma Deb and Lilly are quite the pair. Grandma is the only other person, beside Matt and I, that we can leave Lilly with and not have to worry about her crying the whole time! For some reason Lilly has decided to have some major "stranger danger" attacks...even with people that are not strangers. Hopefully it's just a phase that she'll get over soon. But for now, I think Grandma secretly likes it! :)

Grandma also came over to our house to have a little Halloween cookie decorating party with all the Cushing cousins. Tyler helped her make the cookies...that kid can really bake with the best of them! All the kids had a fun time frosting and decorating the cookies....ok, and eating them too. I probably ate about 10 of them. Yummy!
I didn't get any pictures of us to share from Trick-or-Treating, but we really had a fabulous time. All five of us went out around our neighborhood and enjoyed meeting some of our neighbors that we haven't met yet. I think we should have Trick-or-Treating once a month just so we can meet more neighbors! The boys were absolutely DARLING to watch. They were SOOOO excited. Tyler was especially helpful to Sam when he (Sam) would get distracted by something (like yard decorations, other kids, etc.) and forget what he was supposed to do. Tyler would coach him along and then they would run to the next house. Lilly hung out in her stroller and cried every time she saw me (I don't think she liked the Dr. Seuss hat I was wearing)...but for the most part she was very cooperative. When we got home to pass out candy the boys were delighted every time the doorbell rang! They would hop up, run to the door, hand out the candy, and repeat the process every time like it was the FIRST time they had ever done it. Priceless.

And last but not least, I had to include a picture of us all from Dave and Leslie's party.
We really went ALL OUT and I'm glad we did because it was fun for the kids to see mom and dad get dressed up in costumes too! Just in case you can't tell: Tyler is Woody from Toy Story, Matt is Luke Skywalker, Sam is Spiderman, Lilly is a Ladybug, and I am a random princess from India. (I've never worn so much eyeliner and gel in my hair in my entire life!)

3 comments:

Robyn said...

You are hot (what shoes did you end up wearing?), your mom rocks big time, and Sam's front teeth out is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Miss you.

Deb said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU ALL REALLY ENJOYED HALLOWEEN THIS YEAR!!! Can't wait too see what you come up with for next year.

katherine said...

ok, you are so hot! i love it!! and that lilly is such a doll, 6 months already??!!