Sunday, February 28, 2010

Living Planet Aquarium

A few weekends ago we went to the Living Planet Aquarium with some of the Cropper cousins and my in-laws. It was a fun good time had by all.
Lilly got to ride in the Bjorn (it will probably be her last ride in the Bjorn because she is getting so big!) - thank you Matty! - so that I could have all arms and legs available to keep track of Sam. :) I think she enjoyed the view and was completely in awe watching the fishies swim around.
Cousin Megan is such a sweetie to all of our kids! She was Tyler's "buddy" for most of our little fieldtrip...and Tyler was in heaven to have her full attention!
I got to be Sam's buddy...of course...but I loved every minute of it. (And, yes, I dressed him in the brightest color possible so that I could find him easily in a crowd!) He has a way of finding things to look at or observe that most people wouldn't have even noticed. For example, he really liked the fake rocks that they have for people/kids to stand on to get a better view of the tanks. He hopped from rock to rock to rock to rock...and thought that was a lot of fun.
Lilly would kick her legs and squeal in delight when she saw some of the fish that she really liked!
Sammy also liked the pretend coral reef. He climbed in and out of the "hide-outs" but then got stuck - Winnie the Pooh style - in one of the holes. It was hilarious, especially since he is a huge Pooh bear fan. It took us a few minutes to get him back out, but he didn't seem to mind.
Here are the boys chillin' in the fake canoe photo-op prop. This was in the fairly new South America exhibit. Sam was VERY disappointed that there were no "Kevins" to see (that is the name of the bird on the movie "Up" who lives in Paradise Falls, South America). Luckily he got over it before it was time to go home. Overall, we had a great time....so thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Cropper for treating us to a fun adventure!

6 comments:

Suzie said...

Where is the stuck picture??? Looks like fun!!

Matt said...

The "stuck" picture is there (2nd from the bottom)...it just might not look like he's stuck, because he was smiling and perfectly content to be stuck! :)

Robyn said...

Holy cow, I gotta get my hands on that Lilly. What a doll. (they all are, of course, but you know what I mean!)

Shelly said...

LOL! I didn't think anything of seeing him in orange-our local university color!

Makes me want to go there during spring break, looks like fun!

*Leslie* said...

The stuck picture is so funny!! We haven't been to the aquarium but, it looks fun so we'd better. (Lilly baby is so cute!)

Verity said...

We probably would have been looking for "Kevins," too--too cute! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to our own excursions with you all when we come up!