Friday, March 19, 2010

The Good Stuff

(*Note: this post is mostly for me. It's a little sentimental, so if you would rather skip all the text and just look at the pictures, that is fine by me!)

Matt and I have a little saying that we use with each other....when we are having or witnessing a precious moment with our children we say, "this is the good stuff." I've been trying to capture some of this "good stuff" with the camera, hoping to document the little things in life that give me so much happiness on a daily basis....so when my memory starts to go some day, I'll have these pictures to cherish! There are way too many times that I wish I had a magic button that I could push and a random photographer would appear and take a picture for me so that I could either BE in the picture or not have to miss out on any of the "stuff" while I'm locating and operating the camera. This happens the most when I'm rocking Lilly to sleep and she just so happens to fall asleep propped up on my shoulder...that is rare! I want to remember what that was like when she's 15. But because I don't have that button to push, I just have to force my mind to try and remember that kind of stuff without the help of a photograph. Here are a few examples of some recent "good stuff"....

Finding the kids, all THREE, playing cute together. Nothing like a few random dress-ups, a laundry basket, and some muscles!
The pure joy that Lilly gets from reading books. She loves having them read to her or just looking through them by herself at her leisure.
Catching Sam in a "snuggly" mood. He's not much into body contact, in general, but once in a blue moon he'll allow something like this:
The relationship between Tyler and Lilly. Tyler can get her to laugh, even if she's right in the middle of a big cry, by just saying, "Pop goes the weasel!" He also loves to be the first one to go in her room when she wakes up from her naps...and of course she squeals in delight when she sees him coming in to see her.
Having this little pink, ruffle-y creature in the house is "good stuff" galore!
Matt and Lilly playing the piano together. He'll play her a bit of a beautiful tune he just makes up on the spot, and then she'll play him a great little ditty that she makes up on the spot too! She also loves to put her feet up on the piano keys while he plays for her.
Three little monkeys fresh from their baths, cozy in their jammies, enjoying a book together before it's time to go to bed.
Ahhhhh, the good stuff.

7 comments:

Deb said...

What great pictures! They certainly show off the GIANT CUTENESS of your three. You and Matt are soooo blessed to be the parents of three wonderful kids.

*Leslie* said...

You are such a cute mom, and you have three of the cutest kids! Great post, great pictures.

Juliana said...

Isn't motherhood "the best stuff"? ;) Love the pictures!!

Robyn said...

You ALMOST got me to cry. Good job! SOOOOOOOOOOOO darling, and a wonderful reminder to look for those moments. I love Lilly's dress-up. And you B&W picts of all three kids are beautiful. Wow!

sewnews said...

What wonderful memories you have created. You are just the best family and terrific mom. So lucky you are. Lynn

katherine said...

ah, love it heather!! love you!!

Verity said...

Loved this!!!!!!!! I only seem to take pictures of "events" or "vacations" and forget to capture the good stuff that happens every day. Thanks, lady! :)