Saturday, March 27, 2010

So much fun this week!

We were lucky enough to have by brother, Jason, and his family in town this week! We had a full week of family fun and we loved every minute of it!!! Some of the highlights included:

A wonderful outing to the Salt Lake Temple with Jason and Verity!
Lots of "cousin time"!
(Here are all the Cushing cousins from L-R: Tyler, Sam, Colton, Rhiannon, Wade, Alex, McKaleigh, Lilly) The kids thoroughly enjoyed spending time with all the cousins! We had Wade and Rhiannon over for a sleepover one night (but I failed to get any pictures of that - oops!).

We spent a lot of time up at my Mom and Dad's house just hanging out. Lilly was loving all the attention from everyone! She looks like she is really trying to understand the plot of this children's book with Grandma. :)

Uncle Jason has always had a "thing" for the babies....he was so cute with Lilly. By the end of the week she was reaching for him and patting him on the shoulder when we held her.

Ok, I know this is another cute picture of Grandma and Lilly, but I couldn't resist. This was taken when we went to Classic Fun Center with everyone. Grandma was kind enough to help with Lilly so that I could be available to play and help with the boys. I didn't get any great pictures of the action at Classic, but trust me - it was A LOT of fun!! The boys, and all the cousins, were in heaven!

Grandma planned yet another wonderful Easter Egg hunt for the kids. We had a bit early this year so that we could do while Wade and Rhiannon were here. Too bad the weather did not cooperate, boo hoo, but the kids didn't seem to even notice that we had it indoors this year. Here are Sam and Tyler decorating their Easter bags to put their candy in.

Here is Lilly inspecting her Easter bag. She was fascinated by the foam stickers...and eventually learned that there was even more fun stuff INSIDE the bag! THANKS Grandma for all the fun Easter goodies, books, puzzles, etc. for the kids!

Other 'fun' that I didn't get pictures of were a Rock Band night at Brett and Jaymie's house. We even got my Mom and Dad to participate - which was PRICELESS!!! The "week of family fun" went by too fast...and we will miss Jason and his super cute family until Christmas time!!!!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad you got some pictures, when you are in the middle of the fun its so easy to forget to take pictures. It was a wonderful family time. And the cousins really enjoyed each others company. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!

Matt said...

Love all the great pictures and posts. You are a babe... Thanks for doing a blog. Love, Matt disguised as Heather's login... :)

Verity said...

Thanks, Heather! I am still working on my updates--now I can use yours to double-check! :) Love ya and miss ya!