Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Latest and Greatest

Just a few pictures of the latest Cropper happenings...

Tyler finished preschool for the year.
His teacher, Miss Lori, is absolutely amazing! Tyler has loved being in her preschool class, but two days a week was just not enough (according to him!). He told me that wished he could go to school every day of the week. Unfortunately, Tyler has one more year of preschool before he can go to Kindergarten....I really do think he could handle Kindergarten in the fall, but "rules are rules" around here! He'll be attending Miss Debbie's preschool next year, only because she offers 3 days a week. I'm grateful there are so many amazing women in the surrounding neighborhoods that offer great preschool programs that are affordable!

My mother-dearest finished up her volunteering for the year in Sam's 1st grade classroom.
Deb was their special reading helper and LOVED every moment she spent with the kids! She got to go in one morning a week and do a reading group with some of the higher level readers, which included Sam and some of his favorite buddies. She also got to spend time reading with almost all of the other students too and they all called her as "Sam's grandma." If Sam gave her a hug, many of the other kids would line up and giver her hugs too! Deb also got major bonus points because she tended Tyler and Lilly for me once a week so that I could go volunteer too. Every time I went to the school Miss Pace, Sam's teacher, would share many compliments about my mom and the great job she did with the kids.

Me and Lilly getting ready for church one morning.
I noticed that I matched her purple cast, so I had Matt take a picture. :)

A few weeks ago I got to attend a special Mother's Day program that Sam's class put together.
Sam did a great job participating. He read his "part" in the program, read a poem that he wrote about me, and flashed that cute little smile at me (see above) every time they sang a song. So cute!

This is a picture of Sam's Mother's Day present to me (that he made at school).
I thought it was such a clever idea that I had to take a picture of it. It's a bouquet of paper lilies made out of cut-outs of his handprint.

We had a get together for Mother's Day at Brett and Jaymie's house.
Lilly is quite fascinated with their dog, Roxy. Lilly didn't seem to mind one bit when Roxy would come over and sniff her or even lick her! I think they're going to be buddies.

Ok, lame picture...but I had to document that it SNOWED on May 24th!
Seriously???

5 comments:

katherine said...

heather. i think we need to hang out soon. i love that last "lame" photo. great way to document the exciting snow. also, love all that Sam accomplished in school, what a champ!! hope all else is well!! take care!

Deb said...

I am so glad I got to have a very small part in Sam's class this year. I learned so much and the kids are adorable. It was great to watch Sam as he went about his school day and I was so happy to see how he was treated by his classmates. It was a great school year!! Mother's Day at Brett & Jaymies was enjoyed by all.

Juliana said...

Haha .. Bella has exactly the same dress as Lily!! Matter fact she wore it today for church! Yes, we have the same good taste ;)

Robyn said...

So, so cute. I LOVE that picture of you and Lilly!

sewnews said...

Congrats to all of you for your volunteer work.

All a good looking family. Nice pictures.

Lynn