Saturday, July 3, 2010

More of Sam's B-day

Oops...I forgot to include these pictures in the last post about Sam's b-day!

It was Sam's year to have a b-day party with friends, but this time we gave him a choice. We let him pick between a party with friends at our house with the traditional games, presents, dessert, etc....OR.....he could pick two friends to come with us to go see "Toy Story 3", which was coming out the day after his b-day. Well, with no more than about 30 seconds of thinking it over Sam decided on the movie idea! He picked two of his favorite buddies from school and all I had to do to prepare was make a few phone calls. Pretty easy!!!

Sam was soooooo excited for his "movie birthday party" and was also quite anxious to see his friends from school that he hadn't seen for a few weeks! He thought it was cool that we got to go pick them up from their houses too. We even made maps (thanks to Google Maps!) that he could "use" to find where they lived. It was a whole new experience for Sam to go pick up friends to go with us in our car, and he just beamed the whole way to the theater. We were pleasantly surprised that the theater wasn't too crowded....and I think it helped that we went to the very first showing of the day and decided NOT to go see the movie in 3-D. (I don't think Sam would have lasted more than 5 minutes with the 3-D glasses on!). Here are the boys on their way into the theater....all giggly with smiley!

In case you haven't seen the movie yet....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! It was absolutely awesome! There was plenty to entertain the kids AND the adults! Seriously, go see it.

After the movie we were all pretty hungry so we took everyone to Wendy's for some lunch. The boys were all in a silly/goofy mood, so this is all I could get from them for a picture:

After all was said and done I must say that I really enjoyed this kind of birthday party. Sam had fun, the other kids had fun, and all the adults involved had fun too. There was no prep work and no mess to clean up. It was wonderful. And it was a joy to watch Sam interact with his buddies and thoroughly enjoy himself the whole time!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad I got an invite to this party. Indeed, Sam was very happy to have his two friends with him, to see a Movie he had been waiting to see. GREAT FUN

sewnews said...

I think this is a perfect birthday party plan such fun

Melissa said...

We went to see the movie too....LOVED it. Happy Birthday Sam!