Friday, January 13, 2012

All About Charlie!

(P.S. My room is clean "enough" for now....so here I am blogging again!)

Here is my Charlie Boy in all his cuteness!
There is something so CUTE about boys in stripes! (I feel the same way about girls in polka dots!) I also love how CUTE he is in this hat with the ears. 

Charlie is in such a fun stage of baby-hood. He is so interactive and loves attention. He is always goo-ing and coo-ing and his volume gets turned up quite high when he is not getting "enough" attention! 
He usually just stays in his jammies all day, so when it's Sunday I have a fun time getting him all dressed up for church. He looked especially handsome in sweater vests and his hair done in his now-famous faux-hawk. Love it!

Charlie tried baby cereal for the first time a few weeks ago. He was entirely NOT impressed. 
We have tried many times since then....experimenting with different flavors (rice/mixed/oatmeal) and different liquids and even different temperatures! But no luck. This boy does NOT like it. He acts like we're trying to poison him. Charlie is my first child to not like baby cereal. I'm not going to give up yet, though. He is definitely interested in food because he watches us eat very closely. We'll keep trying....

It's been so fun for me to watch the other three kids develop their own little relationships with Charlie. Tyler is by far the most interested in Charlie (he was also like this with Lilly). He is so sweet with him and asks to hold him all the time. Tyler asked if he could rock Charlie in the rocking chair one day. I left the room to put in a load of laundry, and came back to this.....(so sweet!)
Sam has surprised me, in a good way, with the way he interacts with Charlie. He'll talk to him and even try to get him to smile or laugh. Sam will try to reproduce a funny game that he has seen one of the rest of us do with Charlie (that got Charlie to laugh or squeal)....but he seems to do it when no one else is looking. (Whereas Tyler will do a similar game only to try and get a BIGGER smile/laugh than the rest of us got out of Charlie.) Lilly still isn't too much "into" Charlie, but she accepts him into her world with no problem whatsoever. If she asks to hold him, it's only for about 10 seconds and then she's done. Once in a blue moon she'll get jealous when I'm holding Charlie and cries for me to put him down so that she can have a turn on my lap. I think that's pretty typical though for a 2 year old! 


I'm thoroughly enjoying Mr. Charlie. I know that soon enough he will be mobile and that will bring a whole new challenge to our daily interactions! :) But for now, I love that he wants me....he wants to be held, he wants to cuddle, he wants eye contact, he wants to "talk" with me, he wants me to sing to him, he wants to play Pat-a-cake, etc. He is so easy. Truly, I feel so lucky. He is super easy to put to sleep too, which is awesome. He's getting better at sleeping at night (he'll go for about 7 hours most nights!). He is also enjoying his new found freedom in the ExerSaucer. It's so funny to watch him try to touch/grab the toys. He gets so excited when he gets the buttons to work and the music makes him smile! What a cutie. I just love everything about him!!!

4 comments:

Deb said...

He truly is an incredible baby. So easy to put to sleep, so happy most of the time and it is amazing to me that he sleeps better with noise! So cute,I love to snuggle with him. I'm glad you got your room clean so we have this update!

Robyn said...

Ok, cutest kids ever. I want to eat that Charlie boy up! I love that Tyler is so sweet with him--reminds me of Thomas. And I love the faux hawk!

sewnews said...

Thanks for cleaning up to post. Love the look of little Charlie - wish we lived closer.

Megan Goates said...

I love your blog, Heather. What a darling family you have. It's fun to catch up on each of your kids and see a slice of life at Chez Cropper.