Sunday, February 12, 2012

TWO Heather Croppers - an experiment

So some of you might know that I share a name with my sister-in-law. Matt's youngest sister is the "other" Heather Cropper. The "other" Heather and I think it's fun to share a name, however it has caused confusion in the past. When we get together with Matt's side of the family we have to go by our first AND middle names (i.e. Heather Ann and Heather Jeanne). Sometimes the nieces and nephews get a bit confused. When my niece Megan was little she used to say, "Two Heathees!" whenever she saw us in the same vicinity. There have been a few instances when I have gone to a business, say Blockbuster, and had to give them my name to look up my account....and, you guessed it, it was under the "other" Heather's account. 
I've been thinking about this little experiment for years now. I've been trying to come up with some really fun ways that we, the 2 Heather Croppers, can use the fact that we have the same name to our advantage! So this is where I need the help of my blog readers, (all 5 of you!), for some ideas. I was not blessed with an abundance of creative juices, so I need YOURS for this little experiment!! So if you wouldn't mind....please brainstorm for a minute a way (or multiple ways) that Heather and I can use our same name coincidence. It could be something completely hypothetical or something completely useful!!! 
I can't wait to see what all of you smart, creative people come up with! 
(And if you are a blog stalker and look at this blog but NEVER leave a comment....now is your time to shine!)




8 comments:

Deb said...

I wish I could help. But my creativity meter is registering "0".

Verity said...

The only thing I could think of was to substitute for each other, say have Heather Jeanne show up when you're asked to give a talk, or you bail her out of something to return the favor. :) Fun post!

*Leslie* said...

Wow, that is a great idea but, my creativity is severely lacking. I've got nothing but, I'm interested to hear what you come up with. Good luck!

Juliana said...

HA! Fun stuff! Try to go to places where your picture doesn't show .. not sure if she goes to the temple but it would be interesting to see if you could get in using each other's recommend ( sorry, am I bad?). Check books out of the library. I'll let you know if I can think of something else :)

Christy said...

Well it doesn't look like we're much help. I've got nothing either. But good luck none the less - I will try to think of something though!

Hansen Highlights said...

I love the two "Heathee"s! Hmmm - creativity is not my strong suit. I will ask Dave.. :)

Becca said...

I don't have any ideas, but once I was in a waiting room at the doctor's and they called, "Rebecca Lloyd"; the nurse in the exam room started asking me about my "back problem" and I was sooo confused! wrong Rebecca Lloyd.

Jill J said...

does she have kids? Trade places at parent teacher conference :) Or come up with more specific nicknames for the nieces and nephews to call you. They may want to make them up themselves. Ha! I had another sister Jensen at camp with me the year I was pregnant. People kept congratulating her....even though she's in her 60's :) It's fun to share names.