Hello to my oh-so-small group of people that actually read my blog....and/or....to the few of you who didn't give up on checking my blog (since I haven't posted anything new for a almost THREE MONTHS!).
Yes, we are alive and well.
No, we didn't get a dog. (I'll get to "the dog" in just a minute.)
Yes, things are busy.
Yes, I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for letting the blog "go."
Yes, this blog is really just a way for me to document our family's adventures, stories, updates, and other miscellaneous stuff (since I don't journal OR scrapbook).
Yes, I have been tempted to create a post where all I do is just VENT about all the reasons why I haven't had a chance to get caught up on the blogging.
Then I saw an interesting ad-like quote online today that went a little something like this:
"I don't have time"
is the grown-up version of
"The dog ate my homework."
I generally don't like EXCUSES of any kind. So I'm not going to make any excuses here! I just have to decide that this silly little blog of mine is important, and then I'll get caught up. Yes, having clean dishes to eat off of is important too. Oh, and clean clothes to wear is also nice. So what if it might take me a while to go through 3 months of iPhoto and do all the journaling to go along with all those pictures....but hopefully some day at least one of my kids will thank me for doing this blog - - for at least TRYING to document the things we do so that they can one day look back on these posts and smile. :)
Baby steps.
8 comments:
Oh my heavens - Vent... You have such a full plate... You deserve it... I will always check in on the blog
I love this. And I love your blog. It's my window into your life right now, so keep on blogging sista! Love you!
I still read it. I love being able to hear/see a little of how you and your adorable kids are doing. Don't feel guilty, you are busy. More so than the average for sure!
It's good to see an entry! I know you are up to your eyeballs, but it is always a treat to see new pictures and to hear what you have to say about them.
Even though it has been awhile since you updated the blog. It was worth the wait.
Loved this, and I really liked that "dog ate my homework" quote. I needed a good kick in the pants like that! :)
Love it! And I love you.
Hi Heather! Yes, I am in the same boat. When it has been a while, I feel so overloaded with pictures that I dread doing blog posts like crazy...
Which leads me to think...
maybe I'll go write on the blog! Glad to see what's going on with your fam! You're the best!
Post a Comment