Friday, July 13, 2012

Camp Kostopulos

Earlier this summer we went to Camp Kostopulos' Family Fun Day!
You can find out more about "Camp K" HERE.
Basically it is a really cool camp up Emigration Canyon specifically for people with disabilities. Every year they have a Family Fun Day where you can take the entire family and try out all of the fun things they have to offer! 

Their brand new Equestrian Center had just opened that very same morning, so Sam and Tyler were some of the first people to get to experience it! We couldn't talk Lilly into riding, but she enjoyed watching the horses from afar. 


Sam and Tyler also got to do the Ropes Course and Climbing Wall.
They were so brave! 

We also experienced the swimming pool (ok, well, Matt and the kids swam....I'm not a big fan of public pools, so I chickened out and watched from the side). After all of the busy fun, we relaxed in the shade while the kids had their faces painted!

This is Lilly's glittery butterfly (well, half of it).

Tyler's dragon was pretty much AWESOME!

Here is Sam getting his "Superman" (or "SuperSam") symbol on his forehead.

I don't think Sam will be ready for any of Camp K's overnight camps for a long time....but maybe someday. Until then, we'll probably take advantage of the Family Fun Day each year. We had a great time! (Thanks to Grandma Deb who let Charlie come over to her house and have a nap while we went with the 3 big kids!)

4 comments:

sewnews said...

All super cuties. I know you are so thankful for places like the Camp K

Deb said...

What a wonderful opportunity for family fun. I hope you can go every year.

Robyn said...

Awesome--those are some cool face paintings!

Megan Goates said...

What a fun day! Such a cool place.