May was jam-packed with birthday fun, dance events, school events, and other miscellaneous adventures!
May started off (quite literally, since it was May 1st) with Lilly's b-day!
She chose orange rolls for her b-day breakfast...yum!
(It snowed the morning of her b-day...which was random, but fun!)
Grandma Deb came over to help us celebrate during the day! She is so great to make a big deal out of everyone's birthdays!
Lilly got to go to Toys R Us and pick out something with her b-day money from Grandma and Grandpa Cropper. She scored big time (can you tell by her smile?) with a fun cash register....
...a pair of butterfly wings, AND a ballerina princess outfit!
I know Lilly enjoyed her birthday to the fullest! Aren't 4-year-olds just the best age for birthdays?
Sam and Tyler both participated in their school's Fun Run (fundraiser).
Grandma Deb, Lilly, Charlie, and I all went to cheer them on!
Sam was extra proud of his number:
(I was a little nervous for Sam....this was his first year of being in the older age group that actually leave the school grounds and go run a course through the neighborhood. Luckily he had one of the sweetest special ed aides run along with him! I was sooooo very grateful for Miss Jacquie and her encouragement for Sam! He ended up jogging pretty much the entire way, with a few breaks to walk, but he finished about middle of the pack....which to me was a small miracle! I was so proud of Sam!)
Tyler's age group was fiercely competitive and Tyler hung in there! He ran his little heart out and, like Sam, I was super proud of him and his accomplishment for finishing!
Later that weekend we had a birthday party for Lilly! This was her first taste of having a real b-day party with friends! We let her pick 4 of her buddies to come (one for every year she was turning) but only 3 were able to make it. She wanted an "Angelina Ballerina" themed b-day party....so we played all sorts of girly ballet (and princess) games! It was fantastic!
This is the Angelina Ballerina cake that I made for her:
(Instead of trying to make Angelina out of frosting or fondant, I chose to use my handy dandy computer and printer! Lilly didn't seem to mind!)
Here are the little cuties in their ballet outfits.
We played a "pin the..." type game where we spun the girls around (like ballerinas, of course!) and they had to put a heart sticker on the crown poster. Easy peesey and quite the crowd pleaser!
The girls were so cute about present opening time...they would "oooo" and "ahhh" over every single thing!
The next week was another BIG event that revolved around Lilly:
Her very first BALLET RECITAL!!!!!!
I took the hair-do and headband pinning procedure quite seriously...can you tell?
(I wasn't about to let my little girl be the one dancer whose headband falls off during the dance, and then ends up being a crying puddle on stage!)
When I was growing up, whenever I had a dance recital my mom would take me out in the yard for a little photo shoot in my costumes....so I couldn't resist doing the same with Lilly!
She looked so beautiful in her "flower fairy" costume!!!!
Isn't that just the cutest little costume on the planet??
She was excited to get to wear a little bit of real make-up too. Nothing too fancy...just blush, lip gloss, and eyeshadow...but she was LOVIN' it!
We were grateful to have a big crowd of Lilly's fan club show up for her recital! I felt the love, for sure, and so did Lilly! She got several bouqets of flowers and plenty of attention! She danced her 2 dances so well, and I couldn't have been more proud of my baby girl!
Here's Lilly taking her bow during the finale. What a cutie!!!!
Here is Lilly with her dance teacher, Miss Victoria.
I was completely impressed with how absolutely darling Miss Victoria was with this group of little dancers (ages 3 and 4). She has never-ending patience and Lilly just adores her!
Tyler's first grade class planned a Mother's Day "Spa Day." They invited all of the moms to come and have their hair done, nails done, back massage, and treats! Tyler was my personal stylist for the day and he did such a great job!
I thought it was such a fabulous idea and I know that all of the moms and all of the kids had a great time.
Tyler also made me this Eric Carle inspired Mother's Day card.
Awesome!
Speaking of Mother's Day....I was so happy to spend it at my mom's house this year.
Cuterz!!!!
My nephew John David received his mission call to Sacramento, California (Laotian speaking!).
We were all invited over to Kathy and Dave's house when he opened his call. It was especially fun for my kids to witness something like that for the first time.
Dave later sent me this picture that someone took that night...where Sam did a classic "photo bomb!"
Too funny!
Later on in May I got to volunteer as a chaperone for Tyler's class field trip to the Hogle Zoo.
Here is our little group getting "measured up."
We had a good time...and I was completely exhausted by the end of the day!!!!
Here is sweet Sammy waiting patiently at the surgical center....he had some nasal surgery done to help open up his airways and sinuses. He was a trooper!!!
Sam has been checking out every Lego book he can get his hands on at the library. He saw this idea to build different flags....and made one of his own:
We thoroughly enjoyed some Spring rain!
Lilly dusted off her rainboots and raincoat and enjoyed the puddles!!!
Sam was feeling well enough (just a few days after his surgery) to go to Pack Meeting and participate in opening ceremonies.
Moments like this just make me happy all over!
This is a common occurence during the afternoons around here....Lilly gets all dolled up in her dress-ups and sets up a sweet tea party. When she has everything set up just the way she wants, she invites me into her room and we have a feast!
Charlie just can't get enough of being outside!!!!!
This Cozy Coupe has been enjoyed by all 4 of the Cropper kids. I definitely got my $8 worth (I bought it second hand about 9 years ago)!!!
Last, but not least, Lilly "graduated" from her first year of preschool.
She loved going to Miss Lori's preschool twice a week. She made cute little friends, enjoyed plenty of crafts and art projects, and thoroughly loved to learn!!
We will miss Miss Lori (until it's time for Charlie to have a turn!).




























4 comments:
All that pink makes me so jealous! I bet Lilly is a beautiful dancer. Looks like May was fun!
WOW! May was a really busy and exciting month. I was happy to be a part of some of it. GOOD TIMES!
This post has just confirmed to me that
1. You are the cutest mom
2. I want to be like you when I figure out parenting
3. Lilly in her dance recital pics are just pure girly sweetness
4. Sam is such a terrific kid. Look at him with his Lego creation and his fun run success!
You are such a good mom! I love seeing your cute kids and what they are up to.
Post a Comment