There were plenty of exciting things happening in September!
We just love Miss Debbie! We were sad to find out that she is retiring after this year, but grateful that Lilly got to have her before she was done teaching!
We spend such a big part of our day in here, but it is just perfect for what we need. We have two computers (one from UCA and one laptop that we already had) for the boys to use. Even Lilly and Charlie have a little table that they can sit at to color or do little activities.
Lilly was of course dying to start dance again.
She is in Miss Victoria's pre-ballet class and loving it!
We were lucky enough to have a quick weekend get away up to Park City.
Thanks to Grandma Deb, Papa, and Aunt Mary Ann for helping out with the kids!
It was so fun to just have some quiet time together. We enjoyed plenty of yummy food, 2 movies, walking around the Park City Mountain resort, a lovely room (with hot tub!) at the Silver King, and much more!
What a stud! He did a great job and even remembered to get out a Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi for his momma!
It was a great way to spend "recess" too....just let the kids run around like crazy people in the backyard!
I was so proud of these boys. They were so very complimentary to each other, cheered for each other, and were cooperative when it came time to take turns going in to play or playing goalie.
Way to go K.C. Wizards!
(UCA arranges a field trip every month. Sometimes it is in our area and sometimes it is not. Lucky for us, the first one was close!) It was our first time going to the new museum and so we were all amazed at the exhibits. We were definitely TIRED by the end of our 2 hours of exploring!
More recess time out in the front yard this time.
The kids' scooters and bikes have definitely had their fair share of action!
A big highlight of September was when Lilly agreed to cut her hair and donate it to Locks of Love!
I wanted to take some pictures of her "before" the big event!
That's my girl! Rapunzel hair and all!
Grandma accompanied us to Visions Salon.
My friend, Tiffany Pack, owns the salon and asked one of her stylists to give Lilly a haircut free of charge. So generous!
Oh, those beautiful locks!!!
Lilly was amazingly calm during the entire process. I thought there was a possibility that she might cry, but she didn't. She just kept smiling in the mirror the entire time. She had never been to a "real salon" before, so just that experience alone was fabulous enough for her. Lilly was treated so well and I couldn't be more proud of her. I explained to her many times that her hair would be used to make a wig for another little girl that was sick and didn't have hair any more. She was definitely excited at the idea of doing something nice for someone else...and having fun while doing it!
The finished product! What a beauty!!!
I'm officially old enough to have a nephew on a mission! John David left to serve in the San Diego Mission, Laotian speaking!
The same day John David was set apart, my in-laws got their mission call in the mail!
They will be serving a CES Mission in Denton, Texas!!!
They will be leaving in January...exciting stuff!


















3 comments:
Exciting to have missionaries in the family! I want to hear about UCA---we really need to schedule our phone chat soon.
So really memorable things for September. I'm sorry won't get a chance to have Miss Debbie for pre-school. Thanks for the memories. I really appreciated being invited to Lilly's haircut.
Wow! I didn't know your in-laws were leaving. Crazy! I'm proud of Lilly. And I LOVED seeing your school room!
Post a Comment