Sunday, December 29, 2013

November 2013

Happy 8th Birthday to this handsome guy!!!!
(no, I don't mean Yoda!)

November started off with a b-day celebration for Mr. Tyler!
The poor guy was terribly sick with croup on the original date of his birthday party (and actual birthDAY), so we had to postpone a week and do it the following weekend.

 Tyler was very understanding about the entire ordeal (of moving his b-day party) and by the time the next weekend rolled around he was READY to party!!!
He invited some of his besties over for a Lego Star Wars-themed party. 
 They did a Jedi Training obstacle course in the backyard, a Death Star pinata, and a pin the light saber on the Yoda game. There was plenty of cake, presents, and fun!!! 

 Tyler requested Crumble Bars at his b-day celebration at Grandma and Papa's house....
 ....and ice-cream pie at his b-day celebration at Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Leigh's house!
Yum!

 November also brought plenty of leaves to rake up in our yard! 
The kids didn't mind though....they enjoyed raking the leaves!!!
They made a huge pile and then proceeded to jump in it over and over again!
They also buried each other. 
Fun times (until the leaves that went down their shirts/coats started to get itchy!).
With the amount of leaves that our yard produces, the kids were able to rake, pile, and jump SEVERAL times before it was all cleaned up. 

 I invited Grandpa Leigh to come to one of our Webelos den meetings to teach the boys about electricity!
(Tyler got to come too, even though he is just starting out in the Wolf den.)
The boys especially liked the Brain Box circuit activity that Grandpa brought.
They were good about taking turns with the favorite spinning helicopter-like piece.

 Utah Connections Academy had their November field trip at the Utah State Capitol!
 The boys and I had a great time going on a tour of the building!
I am sad to admit that I had never been there before...so I was in just as much "awe" as the little kids!
 Tyler was clearly impressed!
I'm so grateful for these two sweet boys!
They are so much fun and I enjoy all of the learning we get to do TOGETHER!

 Grandma Deb also had a birthday this month. The kids made her some cute cards, and I just couldn't get over how funny Sam's was!
"Dear Grandma,
You are the BEST Grandma in the world!
Happy Birthday!
Your best Grandson ever,
Sam
P.S. I hope that you will like me forever"

 Grandma Nancy came over one afternoon and brought each one of the kids a giant gingerbread man to decorate! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of all of them, but Lilly's is a great example of just how cute they turned out!

My personal favorite event of November was Tyler's baptism day!
 Dad had the privilege of baptizing and confirming Tyler a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

We were surrounded with loved ones...family, friends, neighbors, and teachers.

We enjoyed a "donut buffet" (Tyler's choice) after the meeting was over. Now that is MY kind of buffet! There were even some Banbury Cross donuts (wink, wink) that showed up that really hit the spot! :) 
We are all very grateful for everyone that was able to come and support Tyler on his special day. 
He is a very special kid with a big heart....and I love him so much!!!

4 comments:

Verity said...

LOVED all the great updates and pictures!!! Miss you guys!

Deb said...

Love the pictures. Your kids really do enjoy those leaves!!!!
Tyler's baptism was a very memorable day.

Robyn said...

Way to go Tyler! Cool birthday party. And the kid has amazing taste--donuts, ice cream pie, crumble bars...I think I might dump you for him. :) You look amazing in the baptism picture, Heather!

Megan Goates said...

Love these pics!