Monday, July 28, 2014

February 2014

Ahhh....February! 
Love is in the air...and I'm totally smitten with this guy:

This little boy just makes me melt!
 What a silly guy!

I woke up one morning to see this outside of my bedroom window! Breathtaking, eh?
That same morning, after breakfast was over, I went upstairs to get dressed. I looked out my window again and saw Sam out there shoveling the snow! Nobody asked him to do it, he just went out there and did the entire driveway and sidewalk. The boy loves to shovel for some reason??

It is a rare occasion when I "get my craft on." I have had this collection of L's for quite some time and never got around to decorating them for Lilly's room. I finally did it! I covered them with different purple papers, ribbons, and buttons. It turned out pretty cute and Lilly loves it!

Ahhh, look at that sweet girl!
That picture of Lilly started a mini photo-shoot before church....so Charlie (aka Goose) got in on that action!
 Then we attempted the impossible...to get a picture of all 4 kids and me together. 
 It wasn't quite working out so we decided to just make it a silly picture instead!

 We tried getting one of Dad and the kids too....the only one that turned out was this:

Not only did I get my craft on this month, but I also got my "home improvement on!"
The kids had pulled the towel bar off of the bathroom wall way too many times and it finally was non-repairable. Since I have no experience patching sheet rock, I decided to cover the holes in the wall with some chair rail moulding. I also chose to put up hooks instead of a bar. The hooks are so much easier for the kids to hang their towels on. It doesn't look like much, after it is all said and done, but I had a great feeling of satisfaction when I finished this project!

Speaking of projects...it seems that these two boys are always working on some kind of Lego project.  They have so much fun together in their boy cave of a bedroom....
 On this day they built a battle scene:

LuLu and her LaLa...
 One morning we took a break from school and buried each other in stuffed animals!



The kids buried me too...but I have no documentation to show for it.
Nonetheless, it was a fun-good-time!

Charlie came in from riding his scooter (yes, we ride scooters in the dead of winter!) and needed a snack. It didn't seem to bother him that his helmet was still on, so he left it on while he ate.
(I sent a text message to Matt with this picture of Charlie...and his response was, "safety first!")

 The endless possibilities of dress-ups! 
 Charlie the jester-handyman and Lilly the butterfly fairy!

Sweet Sammy doing his school work in the school room. 

Tyler got to meet his online teacher at a class Valentine's party! She came all the way up to SLC from St. George to meet her students!

Charlie wanted to go feed the ducks at Gardner Village for our 1-on-1 date....and he was kind enough to pause for a selfie!

Tyler's latest collage for his art class turned out amazingly well!

If you look closely at this picture of Lilly she is studying a Lego Star Wars book (while wearing her butterfly wings and high heels!). Awesome!

Lilly is quite fond of her Aunt Kara. Kara is always good for reading a book with Lils. 

Tyler had a special opportunity to WORK for Dad this month! Dad was producing a children's album for Deseret Book and asked Tyler to be one of the children's voices on some of the songs!
Tyler's worked hard for Dad and learned the songs super fast. He loved going to Dad's recording studio and recording his parts. The finished product is UH-MAZE-ING. 
Check it out on Deseret Book's Website!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I love your hair pulled back like that. Lilly is gorgeous.

Robyn said...

Good job on the hooks! We abandoned our towel rack too, for hooks. I love the CD, and we all love that Matt and Tyler are involved!

Deb said...

I just can't tell you how much I enjoy looking at the pictures on the blog! You are an amazing family.

sewnews said...

Just amazing. Great DYI