Monday, December 7, 2015

September 2015

September began with Charlie starting preschool. He will be going to The Little Blue Schoolhouse with new teachers named Miss Jessica and Miss Sally. Aunt Jaymie told us about this preschool, which is in her neighborhood.
Charlie was brave to start school without knowing one single kid. Luckily he adjusted quickly, formed special bonds with his teachers, and made new friends (Aftynn and Jacob).  

Our family enjoyed a Connect Pass adventure to the Hogle Zoo!

We started at my favorite exhibit...the giraffes!

Lilly definitely measures up!

Sam and Charlie took a drink from the famous Lion Drinking Fountain....that Dad and I remember from our own children visits to the zoo!

The view was beautiful!

 We enjoyed seeing all the animals and going at our own pace (sometimes field trips to the zoo feel so rushed!).

"Do you know a Rhino?" (Cropper inside joke!)

 We rode the train, (Charlie's favorite part), and stopped for plenty of pictures!

 (Sam was practicing his "sphinx" impression.)

 We ended our outing with a picture by these beautiful new giraffe statues.
It was a lovely day at the zoo!

Charlie got very creative in his room one morning and set up his own "book store."

I'm not sure what made Charlie so tired this particular day, but he looked so sweet and peaceful...I just had to take his picture!

My mom and I enjoyed our annual day at Swiss Days!
We spent all day shopping, eating delicious food (scones!!!), and enjoying each other's company!

 Peek-a-boo Charlie!

Charlie and I were surprised when we went to Target and were welcomed by this huge Chewbacca cardboard cutout. I asked Charlie to pose with him and do his best "Chewie" impression (sound).

I took Lilly and her twin, Lily Williams, to Jungle Jim's one night. It was Lilly's turn for a date with me, but we had a special coupon for Jungle Jim's...so I let her invite a friend.
The girls had a great time riding the rides together and getting very dizzy on this spinny ride! They were brave to go on the super fast roller coaster too! 

Tyler picked a trip to Toys R Us for his date.

Tyler has been working very hard to complete his Cub Scout requirements to earn his Bear Award.
He had fun carving this bar of soap for his Whittling Chip.

I got to attend a field trip at the Nature Center with Lilly's class.
I took this cute little group of first graders on a nature walk. We looked for five different kinds of seeds and collected them in their baggies. We had a great time!

Our family enjoyed some time at our Stake's Fair. Tyler helped do a dart game booth with his fellow Cub Scouts. Lilly and Charlie enjoyed the donut eating game (who wouldn't?). Sam got a bit bored, so I took him home early while Dad stayed with the others.

We have been enjoying the beautiful weather we have been having. We hope it lasts!

2 comments:

Deb said...

My favorites is Charlie's book store, what an imagination!! Loved the zoo pictures too. Thanks for the update

Robyn said...

Another great post! Life looks so fun when all you see is the pictures. I know we have hard crazy lives sometimes but there is a lot of sweetness and goodness too, huh?