Today was the bigWalk Now for Autism! We have been looking forward to this day for a long time! I've been hearing all about the other Walks happening all over the country and I was excited to see how little ol' Utah's Walk would do! Let's just say, it was a HUGE success! I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 3,000 people there...maybe more? And I wouldn't be surprised if the total donation amount (with today's donations and all of the donations from before today) makes it over $250,000!! I think that's pretty darn impressive!
You know what was even more impressive?? That would be our amazing family and friends who came out as super stars on the "Green Eggs and Sam" team! (Don't we look fabulous in our shirts? Thanks again Emily!!!!) We're so grateful for our loved ones who came to spend the morning with us...and for all of those who supported our team financially! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!
Sam seemed to enjoy himself thoroughly! There was this tunnel, made out of rubber mats, that he just LOVED! I think he went through about 100 times...and the volunteers (Cottonwood High football team boys) that were helping with that activity were so CUTE with him. They even gave him a little football for being their "best customer"!
Sam got so excited when he saw people he knew. Here he is with his teacher from school. I think he was a little confused at first to see her somewhere OTHER than school! :) Sam also saw some of his speech therapists, teachers from last year, and friends from school.
Grandpa was kind enough to take Tyler around to the different booths and games. Tyler seemed to be a bit overwhelmed with everything going on...but he told me, after it was all said and done, that he had fun. Thanks to Grandpa for also being Sam's "shadow" when he just needed to walk around and explore!
Aunt Kara and Uncle Kazi are some of Sammy's biggest fans!
Emily and Jared are huge supporters of the Green Eggs and Sam Team! Thanks for all of your help!
Grandma was a huge help too! She was Tyler's source for snacks and comfort, and Sam's partner during the actual Walk.
Thanks to Papa Rod and Grandma Nan for all your never-ending love and support! It was so cute to watch Sam come out of the tunnel and give them big hugs!
I guess the cast members of "Star Wars" are involved in Autism awareness efforts! Who knew? (P.S. Tyler was terrified of these guys. He was shaking by the time we were done getting our picture taken. Poor guy!)
Sam The Man....we love you!!! Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us!
Here's to next year's Walk!!!!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Utah's first "Walk Now for Autism"!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAHOO! It looks amazing. Your shirts and amazing, and I'm so glad you had so many supporters. I wish I could have been there! That is so cute that the football team was there. We love Sam the Man!
This post made me so happy. My favorite part was seeing the Green Eggs and Sam team all together. AWESOME! We were there in spirit! :)
yea, i thought about you saturday and hoped all went well, then we watched the news that night and heard about all the money raised, and knew it was a HUGE success! that is so great!! ps, those shirts are great, and the drawing of him totally captures sam's face!!
What a neat day! Sam is such a great kid and it is fun to see how many people love him and cheer him on! Way to go.
helllooooo!
Wow, I am just catching up on your blog! It has been forever!
first of all, you look so amazingly beautiful all the time, but especially in that pic with your friend and her new baby. work it, girl!
second, golden spoon??!! Are you serious? Woah, that is awesome. Thanks for taking a pic of the spoon.
Third, awesome awesome awesome news about the walk. And the yard sale, too! You guys are really the best!
i'm so glad to catch up and see how great things are going!
Post a Comment