This is Tyler....aka Ironman, Batman, Spiderman, Ninja-man, or any other super hero type guy that he wants to be on any given day! :)

Like I mentioned in Charlie's update, Tyler is a GREAT helper when it comes to Charlie. He loves to hold him, talk to him, snuggle with him, get him to smile, and help with baths.
Tyler was really excited to go to the Kid 2 Kid costume sale, and picked out a sah-weet Ninja costume. He also got to get his face painted while we were there, and chose to be a Power Ranger. We went to our Stake Fair right after and we had about 50 kids come up to ask us where the face painting was....oops.

Tyler has been experimenting with his "authority" lately.
I found this note on his door one day..

....here's a close-up of what it says. ("No Mom and Lilly")

I haven't decided yet if I think that's "cute" or not.
I've been really impressed with how cute Tyler plays with Sam. He really tries hard to bring out Sam's imagination and tries to come up with fun stories and scenarios for their toys. Here they are using Charlie's ABC rug as part of their playtime.

Other fun things about Tyler include:
- He started a reading program with me over the summer and did really well. He was excited to work on his lessons every time we did them together....and his hard work paid off!
- He LOVES playing with his cousins when we go for family dinners on Sundays. He also has a special soft spot for Uncle Dave (it might be because Dave lets him use his iPad???).
- He has a BFF named Carson. They play so well together!!!
- He loves to draw and is getting quite good at it. He definitely didn't get that talent from me!
- He learned to ride his two-wheel bike (with no training wheels) back in July. He decided he wanted to try with the trainers on one day, so Matt took them off, and after about 5 minutes Tyler had the hang of it!
- He has a great imagination!
- He likes to watch "Kid History" with me (on YouTube) and we laugh ourselves silly!
- He is a good boy about helping with chores...and is learning to do new ones that seemed "too hard" before.
- He gets super cranky and extra emotional if he gets too tired.
- He has loved playing on a soccer team over the month (a separate post on that to come!) and scored quite a few goals!
4 comments:
I'll watch Kid History with you anytime, Ty man!
Tyler is a loving, thoughtful kid. I love doing chores with him, he is my cooking buddy and he is a wonderful and loyal friend. He continually amazes me. I love spending time with him.
What a sweet kid! It's so great that he's so helpful with the other kids. He was so cute with Lilly the night I stayed over, making sure she remembered I was there.
Maybe Tyler can teach Wade how to ride a bike, too. We bought one without training wheels at a thrift store over the summer, and then I hurt my foot...so we're still working on that one. :)
Post a Comment