
I finally got SOME of the pictures to work from our fun day at the Carnival for Autism. (Not all of them would turn the right way, argh, but these ones are cute too!). This is basically a huge party for kids with Autism and their families. We went to this carnival last year too, and Sam had a ball! At last year's carnival, there was a film crew there filming some of the festivities to use in a commercial. Sam and I were actually on the commercial (they showed it at some of the local movie theaters, ya know the stuff you watch before the previews even come on)...there goes our 5 seconds of fame! We just had to take the kids again this year...and it was even bigger and better than last year. 
There were a bazillion activities for the kids to do and play. Sam especially liked the blow-up jumping things, and this fun basketball/ski-ball game. Tyler seemed to like any of the carnival games where he could win a prize or candy. Tyler also liked all of the attention he got from the nice volunteers who were hosting the activities and games. The Sahara Cares people all volunteered their time and money to put this party on. In addition to the games and such there was lunch for everyone, special visitors (like the Jazz Bear, some characters from Star Wars, etc.), t-shirts, balloon animals, prizes, candy, you name it.
It's a little hard to get the full expression on Sam's face here, because of the netting, but this pretty much sums up the day for him....pure bliss!
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Carnival for Autism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather! Oh, he looks so happy! I'm glad you had a fun day...looks like a cool event. I take it Sammy's surgery went well...sorry I forgot to ask about it sooner!
Post a Comment