Friday, July 4, 2008

Farewell to the Carmen B. Pingree Center


Sam has had an amazing opportunity to attend the Carmen B. Pingree Center for the past two years! It has been a HUGE blessing for him and our entire family! He graduated from their preschool last week and it was a total emotional roller coaster ride for me! I'm so grateful for the time he had there and for his AMAZING teachers that worked with him and taught him so much. But I'm sad too because I know he'll never get that kind of specialized help/experience, or teacher-to-student ratios!, in the public school system. Nonetheless, the Pingree Center has been wonderful and we'll all miss it and all of the fabulous people we have met.

The last few weeks of school were filled with some exciting field trips. I was lucky enough to go as a chaperone to a few of them. Sam and I did a quick 'self-portrait' at the children's museum at the Gateway. Sam's favorite activities there were the balls, the water, and the chicken eggs! :)

Matt got to come too when Sam's class went to the zoo. It is always fun to see Sam and his buddies in "action" outside of the mostly-structured world of their classroom!

Grandma Deb gets yet another GOLD STAR for her volunteering at Pingree. She went once a week to help out in his classroom and Sam loved EVERY minute of it! Some of the other boys called her "Grandma" too! So cute!

The last day of school was a bit chaotic with a "field day" outside and a classroom party...but Sam was a champ for most of it. He was kind enough to pause for a quick picture with 4/5 of his teachers. (We were missing Alan, whom Sammy really liked. Sam could care less that Alan had a mohawk, piercings, and gages in his earlobes! He really is the nicest guy and had the most energy out of all the teachers!)

Ahhhh...the boys of Room 123! I will miss you...oh, and Sammy will miss you too! I wanted to take every single one of those boys home with me....so cute and such good buddies with Sam. Luckily I made some friendships and bonds with their moms...so we can all stay in touch and get the boys together to play sometime.

Here's to you...Pingree Center! We'll miss you!

4 comments:

Verity said...

You've been busy! Thanks so much for all the great updates--I needed my Heather/Matt/Sammy/Tyler fix, and you definitely came through. Love you guys--we're praying for you!!

katherine said...

i read all the posts and loved all the updates! you have been so busy!!! but it is all exciting things!! hope you are well!

Jill J said...

That is so great. He is always smiling now in his pictures, and it is so great!

Robyn said...

Wow, I loved all the new posts! Love your sweet family. And I LOVE YOU girlie.