Both of the boys have started school by now...Sam is in first grade and Tyler is in preschool. They both seem to be doing great so far and love their teachers.
Sam's annual "backpack" photo on the first day didn't turn out, but luckily we took this "self-portrait" together that morning to use instead. I walked Sam to school on the first day and it was a hilarious experience! He would run full speed ahead for about 30 seconds and then stop to look at something along the way (i.e. "look, mom, a dirt road!") or something like that. The usual crossing guard was not there...but in his place was a Murray City police officer! I thought that was pretty cool that the powers that be would make sure there was someone there to help the kiddos cross the busy street! I don't think Sam was as impressed as I was though. We eventually made it to his school and he did just great the entire day!
Is it just me or does Tyler look REALLY grown-up in this picture?He just couldn't wait until preschool started! Preschool didn't start until a week after Sam had started, so that was torture for poor Tyler. He loves his teacher and also loves that his little friend that lives on the corner of our circle is in his class too. He had absolutely NO separation anxiety when we went to drop him off...which was a surprise to his teacher, but not necessarily to us! Tyler loves anything to do with learning, and I think he will have a great year in preschool!
3 comments:
Tyler looks just like Matt in that picture! What a cute boy!
Tyler looks like he is in 2nd grade. An old soul, I believe?
I can't believe how old Tyler looks in that picture! I just love your cute kids!
Post a Comment