Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trying new things

This has been a week of TRYING NEW THINGS for Lilly.
She had her first taste of rice cereal:
She wasn't sure about it at first.
Then she seemed to actually enjoy it.
Finally she gagged on it and decided she was done.

I, however, enjoyed watching this:

We also decided to let her try a "Biter Biscuit".
I totally believe that she is teething, and has been yearning for something to gnaw on. She had a hard time figuring out how to get her hand to hold it AND simultaneously get it in her mouth. But with a little help, she finally got it in there a few times and just licked it like a lolly pop. So funny to watch:

Because she insists on standing up 90% of her awake time, I found this sweet Exersaucer for $6 (thank you Thrift Town!) so that she could hang out in it. She really likes it, and the boys like to show her how to play with all the fun toys that are attached. She was having such a great time in it one morning, that I decided to leave her there for 10 minutes while I did some dishes, and when I came back to check on her I found this:

Poor baby girl....wore herself out.

7 comments:

katherine said...

i love your blog and that you do like 5 posts in one day. you are amazing. and you know what else . . . it was great seeing you and catching up!!! i am glad we are friends!!

Juliana said...

HA! Classic Heather! Spencer did the same thing one time and I took a picture too :) What a cutie!

*Leslie* said...

Nice find on that exersaucer! I love that she zonked out in it - that's so cute. I also love Sam's bike, I can't believe it can hold 500 lbs, that's crazy!

Robyn said...

I gotta get some of those biscuits for Jackie baby. And sweet deal on the saucer. That baby girl is a doll (so is Matt).

Anonymous said...

Give me a break Heather. Your kids are so beautiful! Oh wait. Just like you.

Verity said...

I got me some serious Cropper Family catch-up this morning--much needed, and much appreciated! LOVED the picture of Lilly with the cloudy blue sky in the background (reminded me of Jason and Wade's Superman pic), and all the other cute pics. Glad you're doing well--we miss you!

MJJarman said...

I love it when they try new foods for the first time, the faces they pull are priceless. I hope you are well.