Monday, August 23, 2010

Lilly's many faces

As I go through my pictures in iPhoto I'm thrilled with all of the cute pictures I have of Lilly! I hope it doesn't get too annoying when I go on and on about how cute I think my kiddos are...but that is what blogging is for, right? Free rights to brag about your kids and such?? Of course I think Lilly is the cutest girl ever!...but I also get a kick out of all the funny faces she pulls when I take her picture...or should I say, TRYING to take her picture. Sometimes I get a smile, but I also get a lot of other "faces." So I have compiled a few of my recent favorite faces.

I took a few of these one day when I was trying to get a picture of Lilly's "fountain" hair-do. It had turned into more of a mohawk looking pony tail...but she looked cute in her polka dots and I was determined to take some pictures.
This is her I'm-not-sure-if-I-want-to-smile-but-I-will face.

Contemplative...and chewing on hands because of teeth coming in. Also a good view of the forward flopping fountain hair-do.

I like to call this one "can I borrow the car keys?" face.

That's my smiley girl. I love her chuckle!

I'm DONE with the picture taking Mom!

This is the half-laugh-half-cry face.

I'm not sure what to call this one...maybe "that flash is really bright!"?

This one is for Matt: "Ah-gabba-gah!"

This is what a chortle looks like. If you don't know what a chortle is...I Googled it for you. It is "a snorting, joyful laugh" or "a blend of a chuckle and a snort."
(She also looks like she's had a "few too many"... if you know what I mean.)

This is Lilly's super jolly face. Her dimples are absolutely scrumptious and so is her belly!

Many of you have probably witnessed Lilly's high-pitched headache-causing scream...and she does it almost always when we are trying to eat. (We're working on it....) Anyway, this is what she looks like when she produces that "delicate" screeching sound.

And this is the face that makes up for the screaming face....the sweetie pie face.

This is her "crazy face" (Tyler named this one). She does this usually when we're eating too. ?? It's pretty funny, actually, and now that she knows that we laugh when she does it...she'll do it just to get a reaction out of us!

Even though this is not really a picture of Lilly's face....it is a great view of her curly mullet. It curls like that all on it's own. I hope it stays like that for a long time. Clarification: I want the curls to last...not the mullet! :)

7 comments:

Robyn said...

It's only slightly annoying, but I will forgive you because Lilly is flippin' ADORABLE! (ha ha, you know I am kidding about being annoying). That kid, seriously...What a doll. She is looking a LOT like you.

Deb said...

What a joy that you could capture so many of Lilly's FACES. She is adorable, although I am not a fan of the screaming during meal times, but who is? I think she is getting better at a calmer dining experience, just keep the food coming. LOVE the dimples.

sewnews said...

Way cute faces. Can almost hear the squealing.

Verity said...

This was so fabulous!!!! Loved the many faces of Lilly!

Suzie said...

She DOES look like you! Robyn is right. She is definatly a cutie!

Joseph Weed said...

Oh my goodness Lilly is just adorable : )
It's been forever since I've seen that cute girl.

Joseph Weed said...

Oh my goodness Lilly is just adorable : )
It's been forever since I've seen that cute girl.