Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Silver Lake

Ahhhh....Silver Lake. Gotta love it up there! (Especially when it's in the high 90's down in the valley, and more like the high 70's up in the mountains!)

Matty had a day off, so we took the kiddos up to enjoy some nature. I love that Silver Lake is so kid-friendly. The walk way that goes around the lake is easy enough for even toddlers like Miss Lilly. So we didn't even have to worry about a stroller or baby backpack or anything! She loved being at to walk all by her (big) self!

The boys enjoyed being boys. You know, the good stuff like playing on rocks, getting dirty, climbing, throwing rocks in the water, etc.

Excuse my grubby-ness...but I think Lilly looks especially cute in this one. She laughed like that the entire time we were up there. That little girl oozes pure happiness when she has the freedom to just explore and be like the big kids!

....we tried.

I love these "baby in the sky" pictures!

Sam wasn't feeling 100%...poor guy...but he was a trooper. Whenever he needed a little rest or when we needed to wait for Little Miss Short Legs to catch up, he would "go in his box" (which means he squats down like that, pulls all his limbs close to his body, and pretends to be WALL-E).

That's my girl...already thinking about career opportunities...maybe a plumber???

(Robyn, this one is for you. This was our attempt at the Silly Picture Game. I tried "Dinosaur" and this is what I got! Enjoy.)

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Hey hey, I appreciate the dinosaur picture! It IS so nice to have somewhere where the babies can explore too. Good for you for going for a "hike"! We should do that more often :)

*Leslie* said...

I think Lilly gets even more and more cute with each new picture. She is just beautiful! Your whole family is darling.

Deb said...

The plumber comment is my favorite. I know your family really enjoys this place. I hope they always will.