(I'm almost two months behind on getting this post typed up...oops! We celebrated our "birthday" on September 7th!)
A while back I saw a cute idea on someone else's blog. This family did something fun on the mom and dad's anniversary so that the entire family could celebrate. They called it their "family birthday" since the day the mom & dad got married was when their family was "born." As part of the celebration they would go as a family to a place that was special in some way to the actual wedding day...and then have a birthday cake, or course, with the number of candles being the same as however many years they were married. Kind of fun. So I thought we would give it a try this year, especially because we were celebrating the big TEN!!!
Our wedding reception (long, long ago!) was held at the Garden Park Ward. A beautiful place to go....so quiet and peaceful too. Matt and I also attended the Garden Park Ward while we lived in his grandma's house during the first two years of our marriage. So the GPW was our destination of choice to celebrate!
We had a great time with the kiddos. They loved running around and exploring. Sam loved the bridge, Tyler liked the trails, and Lilly liked the alcove (and chasing the boys!).

The weather was perfect and the opportunity to get some pictures was a must! (This is one of my favorites of Lilly!)
Lilly loved dancing around in the alcove...she squealed and giggled non-stop!




("Where did the boys go? Aren't they watching me dance?")
After the kids had a chance to get their wiggles out, we busted out the birthday cake and sang to ourselves. I think the kids were a little confused at first, but they always love an excuse to have a party!


Once our bellies were full of yummy goodness, we explored some more over by the "scout house."

The kids were curious what was inside...nothing too exciting other than folding chairs, unfortunately. But we did have fun taking pictures with Dad!





Ahhhhh....thank you Garden Park Ward for another wonderful opportunity to make memories. (Wow, that sounded corny, but it's true!)

~~~~~~~

Matt and I had the chance to get away for the weekend for our anniversary too! (Thank you Grandma & Grandpa!) We stayed at the glorious Silver King Lodge and enjoyed time to hang out, eat yummy food, watch movies (that were NOT animated!), read, sleep, sit in the hot tub, and relax and be together (without little people around).
I love you Matty...thanks for 10 FABULOUS years! :)
8 comments:
Happy Family Birthday! TEN YEARS!! What a fun idea-looks like everyone had a great time and you got some fabulous pictures, too! You guys are a great family.
Oh that's so cute. I can't believe it's been ten years - I remember your reception like it was yesterday. That was good times!! Thanks for inviting me ;) And thanks for the DVDs - oh man we're enjoying them. I love the first ones where Rachel has long hair - it's kind of weird! Ah good times!!! I'll be calling you next week to come play - this week is crazy - but I think the next week will work! LOVE YOU!
What a great idea. The pictures are awesome. You and Matt are a great couple and you are such wonderful parents. I love you all.
I love the garden park ward...we have had family pictures there many times...lt is so beautiful and how lucky you were to have your reception there.
That is such a great idea for a birthday party...I may have to steal that idea next year. Happy Anniversary big 10 is a huge one!
What a fun idea! It was a beautiful reception, and amazing what can happen in 10 years! Cute pictures. And holy cow, you TOTALLY pulled off the belt with the sweater. I want to see more of the family pictures!!!
Wow! Congrats and Happy 10 year bday! That's a really fun idea! You look beautiful, as always!
What fun pictures. Happy ten years!
Great idea. I remember your wedding reception at Garden Park- it was a beautiful. Happy Anniversary~
Post a Comment