Monday, August 20, 2007

"Sammy Updates" are being discontinued

Hello everyone! If you have come to our blog for a Sammy Update....I'm going to discontinue them for now. ;) At this point, Sam is pretty much back to himself, and there really isn't anything to report in regards to his surgery. He goes in for his follow-up appointment with his Neuro-surgeon in just a few weeks, so if there is anything to report from that I'll definitely post something.

If there are going to be any improvements or changes with Sam's Chiari symptoms, they will most likely show up over the next several months. He has already shown some minor improvements in gross-motor movements (jumping and climbing), fine-motor movements (finger spelling), and of course our favorite oral-motor movement in the form of "kissy lips". Other than that, we are just being patient and hoping for the best!

I realized yesterday just how many people have "tuned in" to our blog over the past month....a lady in our ward leaned over to me in Sunday School and said, "When they announced in Relief Society (a few weeks ago) that you were lacing Sam's brownies with narcotics, I commented that we should be worried if you bring brownies to any of the ward activities!" Yikes! I had no idea that my blogging during Sam's operation/recovery were a part of Relief Society opening exercises! :) I'm going to try my best not to be bothered by that!

So, yeah, if you are reading our blog for updates.....there probably won't be any more. You are welcome to keep reading, but it will mostly be my random ramblings about who knows what and posts about fun stuff we do with the kids! ENJOY!

No comments: