Thursday, August 23, 2007

To the Highland Rammies

Hello all you Ram fans (aka my fabulous friends who just happen to be Highland Rams!)...here is my collection of pictures to add to our week long festival of high school (and jr. high) memories! It has been a riot to read your blogs and all of the comments that people have posted. We sure did have A TON of fun back then....and I think we should give ourselves a pat on the back for still keeping that fun alive almost 10 years later! Just like Kat, I had a hard time narrowing the enormous amount of pictures down to just a few...so here is about 10% of my collection for you to enjoy. (PS. A few apologies: Sorry to those who are not Rams, and have no idea why we think this is so very funny! And sorry to any of my family members looking at this who had no idea how silly my friends and I really were back then! And to you Rammies, if there is a picture here that you want me to delete, don't hesitate to tell me!)

And the winners are (in no particular order):

Ahhh...Spirit Week, 10th grade, "Material Girl", good times...

Yay for Senior Trip! It looks as though the California sun was a little too bright that morning.

"I will remember you"....what a bunch of cheese balls we were! Thanks Andrea for teaching me how to play the guitar though! You rock!

Nothing like a row of hot girls with fancy wigs on.

This is my collection of just a few of my favorite K-mart booth pictures. I had to include some very "special" ones like: me and Shannon (7th grade, most likely!), me/my mom/her friend Lynn (10th grade?), me and Matt (I think we were already married by this point)

Yearbook Day - 9th grade - on our way to eat at Wendy's - we were sooooo clever with our poses!

Who remembers our little adventure to Liberty Park? I love that Christy and Jill have shower caps on! And what about the random little girl in the pond with us? I bet her mom thought we were crazy! Oh wait....

That's mud, by the way. Jessica, Kat, Adam Bennion, and I went up to the "B" on the mountain up in Bountiful. We drove his red truck on some of the trails, and we got a little muddy. I actually have K-mart pictures of the 4 of us after we came back...still muddy and lovin' it!

Christy, Robyn, Gwen, and I thought it would be a SUPER cool idea to have a photo shoot sleep-over one night (jr. high)...this was just ONE of our planned outfits. Check out those denim shorts rolled up from the bottom.....rrrrrr, tiger!

Did we EVER get sick of going to 7-11? I absolutely love this one. Not only are we in our unitards, but we're hanging out with the cashier from Africa and the other cashier sportin' the Slurpee shirt and bare feet. Classic.

One of the MANY nights spent up one of the canyons. Any body up for a game of "Truth or Truth"?

I took pictures of each table on the night of the fancy dinner on our cruise. I thought this would be fun to include because of two certain boys who turned out to be Laura and Leslie's hubbies! Cuterz!

Did we really graduate 9 years ago? Holy smokes....

One of my all time favorite pictures from our Hillside Jr. High days. Check out Christy's slipper shoes!

Bear Lake (Sweetwater) trip during Senior Year. I think there were more people there that are not pictured, sorry. Do you Dance Clubbers remember how much trouble we got in for going this weekend, and missing the "finale" rehearsal? Maryann was sooo mad at us, and we sooooo didn't care!

See no evil....

The boys had to give it a try...this was their attempt at a "pouty" picture. We were WAY better at it than they were, eh?

Hangin' out before a big football game (Skyline vs. Highland, I think). I love that I'm holding a can of Mt. Dew. Why did you guys let me drink so much of that stuff!?!?!

This was taken at Dan's (grocery store) on one of our "get into our princess dresses and run around town" nights. Kat chose some of my favorites from this night to put on her blog. :)

This was taken on Park City's Main Street...during my b-day festivities when you guys kidnapped me and we all slept over at a condo in P.C.. Probably one of my favorite b-days ever....

As you can tell by Robyn's sign (so helpful!), the pizza was free. (We went over to Little Caesar's just as they were about to close and they gave us the pizzas that no one had come to get) We thought we were the cat's meow, didn't we?

More fun up the canyon. Check out all the random boys we hung out with!?! And some of you ended up marrying them!!!! I think that is fun stuff.

Who remembers the "Hood Team"? We thought we were pretty tough, huh? I think we wore our hoodies, jeans, and tennis shoes during that entire Spring Break. It was our "uniform" if I remember correctly. I also remember making a "Hood Team" mix tape....come on, that's just cool.

What was with us and spandex? Good thing the Dance Club closet was stocked with enough unitards to go around!

I know there have been other photos of Seran Wrap Night...but do you remember that we went to Sev' too?

Thanks for going down Memory Lane with me! I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!! By the way, as I was going through my stash of pictures and scrapbooks I found a list I had made of all of our "inside jokes" (probably during our junior and senior years). It was pretty funny to read some of those...things like "Can't Stop Moving Game", "The Grinch Trivia", and the names we gave our cars like my mom's Dynasty named "Teacup"!! Go rams!

7 comments:

Marielle Carlisle said...

Oh man! That saran wrap pic is AWESOME! I just showed Rich, and he said "wow, you are crazy." I love it! It makes me giggle. Do you remember how hot it was wearing that saran wrap? You wouldn't think it, but is quite uncomfortable. Good think we were so good at posing. There is no pain in beauty!

Robyn said...

I LOVE YOU Heather!!! Thanks for doing that. I can't stop smiling. I love that we are wearing boxers in about half those, hiking boots and big socks in June (at school) unitards, and prom dresses. What a bunch of goofs--and I LOVE IT!

katherine said...

oh heather, those are so great. i love the kmart pic of you and me. how fun. i am so happy to me team-member of the hoodie team! this is so hilarious!

Christy said...

I LOVE the unitards. Oh spandex!!! We should bring it back. If someone triple dog dares me to wear a unitard to aerobics I just might think about it. Does anyone have the zebra one?

*Leslie* said...

I seriously can't even remember so many of these things. I must be getting old. I don't even remember going to PC for your BDay. If I wasn't in the picture I wouldn't know that I came. So, I'm seriously sad that I don't know what I did with all my dressups. I hate to think that I must've thrown out my unitard collection! Does anyone still have some? We need to do a new round of pictures.

Shannon said...

Oh my...LOVE it! Does anyone else feel like they were the epitome of frump girl? We've come so far.

Matt said...

First of all...is that you Shannon (aka "Nans")??
Second of all....I need your help girls, to figure out what a certain hand gesture meant. I saw it in soooo many of our pix, but check out the first one of spirit week, and you will see Robyn doing it. What did that mean???