Well, those who know me well know that I'm not a big reader. In some ways I'm kind of embarrassed about that, I guess. I don't know why but I just never developed that great LOVE for reading!?!? (When I was in school I would much rather do 1,000 math problems than do a book report!) So trying to figure out something to write about for this post is a bit tricky. The only books I read these days are children's books....I DO enjoy reading to the kids. So I'm going to go out on a limb and list a few of my favorite CHILDREN'S books that I like to read to the kids:
Pretty much any book by Charles Fuge would count as a favorite. The book that started it all is "I Know a Rhino."
I also really like the "Snowmen" books by Caralyn and Mark Buehner. We have all three, but I'm pretty sure that "Snowmen at Night" was the first. The Buehners are from Utah, so there are parts of the illustrations that will make you smile if you are familiar with Utah (i.e. the lion shaped drinking fountain from Hogle Zoo is in their latest book "Snowmen All Year.")



2 comments:
I loved to read, maybe when the kids are older you will discover you do too, when you have time. Great choices on the kids books.
I Know a Rhino, we like to take tea, I have two sugars and rhino has three...
That is, hands-down, our favorite children's book in this house. In fact I was just on Amazon yesterday looking to see how much a new copy would be...ours is pretty thrashed!
Post a Comment