Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 7 - A piece of art

How am I supposed to pick just one?


I was lucky enough to take AP Art History in high school....one of my favorite classes of all time! I really grew to LOVE art! I also took an art history course at the U and I chose to write my final paper on my favorite artist: Mary Cassatt. Here are just a few of my favorites from her:

"Child in a Straw Hat"

"Children Playing on the Beach"

"Woman Reading"

I thought it was extra fabulous to see some of her work in person when Matt and I went to Washington D.C. a few years ago. I totally had a Ferris Bueller moment just standing, staring, and taking in the beautiful artwork.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

We are bosom buddies, that's for sure.

sewnews said...

Wonderful paintings

Susan Morgan said...

I love the fact that you are posting more regularly. It's good to find out more about you. French impressionistic art is really gorgeous anyway, and Mary Cassatt's art does such a good job of glorifying normal domestic life. I love the one where the woman is in a striped dress with a child on her lap, getting a little sponge bath from a basin of water.

Deb said...

I too am a fan of this artist. Great minds must think alike!

emily, etc, etc said...

Mary Cassatt is one of my very favorite artists too.