Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Good times

I would like to give a shout out to the lovely fall weather we have been having! I got a little worried there for a few days when it dipped into the 40s and snowed! But, alas, our crazy Utah weather has decided to stick with fall for at least another week or so! :)

Now on to other good times....

Here is a random sampling of things that make me smile:

Tyler and Charlie having a cuddle.

Sam and Tyler showing off their "Carnival costumes" (that is the Carnival in Rio De Janeiro....inspired by the movie "Rio.").
(Let it be know that I had to edit that picture because all Sam was wearing on the bottom was a pair of sports themed underwear! Tyler at least had PJ shorts on!)

I've tried to take a picture of all my babies with this teddy bear.
It was Charlie's turn.

Lilly's latest "crazy face."

The Autism Speaks Walk Now for Autism was cursed with bad weather....for the third year in a row. Although the freezing temperatures and wet conditions did NOT make me smile, I did get a huge grin on my face watching Sam and Tyler (Lilly and Charlie were home staying warm with Grandma Deb....thanks Grandma!) enjoy all of the fun games, activities, and bounce houses. The County Sheriffs were giving all the kids a stuffed animal....this was Sam's pick (he named him "Little Percy Diapees").
And this was Tyler's pick (he named him "Spikey").

I can't think of too many things that are more "delicious" than a baby fresh out of the bath!

My mom and I decided to "get our craft on!" We stole this idea from a booth at Swiss Days...and I think our pumpkins turned out pretty well!
It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it's a craft pumpkin wrapped in Halloween lace. Then we tied ribbons, ric-rac, and added a big purple flower and some feathers to the stem. It was fun to gather all the supplies with my mom and get creative together!

And this is how we entertained Lilly while we were being crafty.....a page of Halloween stickers is endless entertainment for a 2 year old!

Another great "Crazy Hair Day" has come and gone at the boys' school. They decided to recreate their "porcupine" and "rhino" hair-dos from last year. Sooooo stylin'!!!!

7 comments:

Deb said...

GOOD TIMES!!! I'm proud of our halloween craft projects. It was fun to do them together. Love the pictures.

Robyn said...

Wow, cool craft! You guys are so fun. I have to agree on the fresh-out-of-the-bath thing. Maybe I should bathe my kids more often. :)

P.S. You are gorgeous.

Shelly said...

Love the pumpkins, and the hair!

*Leslie* said...

Baby Charlie is sooo delicious!!!!

sewnews said...

Terrific Pumpkins you girls ROCK! The hairdos are great. Love the stickers and the pics of the kids are wonderful. Miss you all so much Auntie Lynn

Christy said...

LOVE!!! Those pumpkins are very impressive!!! Cute pictures!

Verity said...

Loved the Rio costumes! :)