I had the pleasure of attending one of Sam's field trips a few weeks ago.
The third graders piled into a bus and went to Murray High School. In the parking lot there were about 20 different vehicles (thus "Vehicle Day") for them to see and learn about.
Our group's first stop was the Murray City fire truck. I love that it is yellow! I don't think I had ever seen a yellow fire truck until we moved to Murray. I lived such a sheltered life! Ha! The firemen were super cute with the kids and told them all about their cool truck.
For the most part, the kids were very attentive and interested.
And then there was Sam....
...he was more interested in the lines and bumps in the pavement.
That's my boy! :)
Then he surprised me later with this tender little moment:
He saw one of his buddies from his class and just walked up from behind him, put his arm around his shoulder and stood there while they listened to the S.W.A.T. guy talk about his armored car.
Of course there were some vehicles that were more fun than others. One of the biggest hits of the morning was the hearse! Somehow I didn't get any pictures of that, but the kids absolutely loved it when the mortuary guy let them climb in the back where they put the caskets!
The ambulance guys were actually quite funny...especially when the kids started asking them if they had ever treated someone with a shark bite. Gotta love third graders!
Oh, and there was this cool BBQ train thing that Sam was obviously excited to go see.
Unfortunately, the train didn't do much other than cook food and keep it warm (it was used for a catering business)...so nonetheless, Sam was a TAD bit disappointed.
The D.A.R.E. car was quite fancy.
The D.A.R.E. officer was kind enough to pose with the boys in my group.
I usually don't get too excited about cars, but I actually would have liked to take that bad boy for a spin!







3 comments:
Did you mean to say that the "firemen were super cute with the kids?" or just super cute!:)
What a great idea for a field trip. I hope the other kids will get a chance to enjoy this when they get older.
What a fun field trip. And kind of fun to see some familiar little faces in those pictures.
Post a Comment