Monday, August 13, 2012

Backyard Camping

My kind of camping is backyard camping.

What's camping without S'mores?
We started out our evening with microwave S'mores. As you can see, Lilly and Tyler were in heaven! Tyler got soooo messy, that he had to take a shower before he was allowed in the tent! :) Matt and I had kind of forgotten how yummy S'mores can be! Sam was happy too because he loves Hershey's chocolate. Even Charlie got in on the action and tried a graham cracker for the first time. Yum.

Outside in the tent, we had a good time just doing nothing. The weather was delightful. The kids were joyful. We didn't have anything planned....we just hung out.

 Charlie was enjoying his freedom to crawl around the tent and play with his ball. He also took one of Tyler's Bey Blade rippers and enjoyed carrying that around for a good hour or so.

 Sam was all sorts of snuggly with his favorite blanket and his pillow pet.

As Matt would say, "a fish can breath out here!" (Quote from "Finding Nemo" and Matt's way of saying, "this feels so good to be outside and just relaxing!")

 Lilly was busy just being silly.

Our tent has a "moon roof." I thought the pink sunset clouds were lovely.

Matt, Tyler, and Lilly lasted the entire night in the tent. Charlie and I never planned to sleep out in the tent....but Sam decided he liked his bed way too much and came in around 9:30 pm. Call us party poopers if you must....but I just like my bed way too much too! 

3 comments:

Deb said...

I think your backyard camping is a great idea. I'm glad you did it. I feeling like I need a S'more about now!

Robyn said...

Party pooper...

Kara said...

How fun! I have great memories of backyard camping! (Although I'm with you...I definitely prefer sleeping in a bed these days.)