Aren't first birthdays the best?
I mean, come on?....look at this guy!!!
He's so happy and oh-so-stinkin' cute!
What a fun age!!
We started off Charlie's birthday in true Cropper style: dining room decorated, balloon on his chair, and a super yummy breakfast! Charlie got to try his very first orange roll....and he loved it!
(Don't worry, I didn't light the candle! It was just there for tradition's sake!)
Later that day, we met up with some of our Cropper cousins and grandparents at McDonalds for lunch. Matt even took time off from work to meet up with us. Charlie was diggin' those french fries!
Grandma Deb came over later to celebrate with her traditional birthday balloon(s)!
(I ended up using the bright blue one later that night when I took his pictures by the red shed....see previous post.)
Grandma Deb also treated Charlie to his very first cinnamon streusel muffin for his b-day dessert!
Charlie didn't waste ANY time with that muffin! Mmmmmmm!
A few days after his actual birthday, we got together for Sunday dinner and a party for Charlie at Grandma Deb and Papa's house with the Cushing cousins and extended family.
Unfortunately, Charlie was NOT in the party mood. He had a new tooth breaking through and he was pretty miserable!
He did manage to cheer up briefly when we put on the party hats and sang to him!
Yes, we lit the candle this time....but kept it far enough away from the balloons on his cake so they didn't catch on fire!
I get so excited for my kids' first birthday smash cake!
However, grumpy Charlie was NOT in the mood to dig in to his cake.
He rubbed his fingers around in the frosting for a bit....
....wiped some on his face (not really in his mouth)....
then I tried to put some of the cake and frosting IN his mouth to convince him that it was something yummy....
....then he was d.o.n.e.!!!
I was pretty disappointed that he didn't care much for his smash cake. Good thing I didn't spend more than 5 minutes decorating it! :) He is officially the first of my kids to not completely go to town on his/her first b-day cake. Oh well....it just meant more cake for me to eat for breakfast the next day! :)
We didn't really do much for Charlie present-wise. We've learned over the years that it is pointless to get our kids a ton of presents when they are this little "just because" that is what you do for birthdays and Christmas. Right? We already have plenty of clothes, toys, etc. So I got him just one present (thank you Kid-2-Kid) and he loved it. A musical bongo drum toy is all he needed for hours of fun and entertainment! I'm just glad that it has an on/off button!
Love you Charlie boy!!!










3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Charlie! (And, Heather, you look AMAZING!)
Loving the faux-hawk. That is the cutest kid ever. And I am going to have to TOTALLY agree with Verity. Heather, you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too bad he was not feeling well that day, but I think he still had a good birthday party. He is such a fun boy.
Post a Comment