Today's topic doesn't really work out, seeing that I'm happily married....going on 10 1/2 years baby! So, maybe I can just mention the ONLY person that I'll be planning (or help plan) a wedding for in my future. And that would be for this cutie:

Now that I know that Lilly will have to live out the same fate as I did....being the only girl (and thus, never having a sister)....I'm going to do my darndest to love, savor, appreciate, and celebrate every little girly thing that she does or experiences in life! I'm not going to lie, I was just a tad disappointed yesterday to realize that she'll be the only girl in the family. I won't have another little girly girl to hand down all of Lilly's cute clothes, bows, tights, shoes, and toys to. I think I'll spare you all with the ever repeating list in my brain of all the things that WON'T happen now because she'll be the only girl. So in return I ask all of you to be kind and not ask me if we're going to keep trying to have another girl. We are d-o-n-e after this baby, ok, so just be nice to me for a while until I get used to the idea of having another boy. :) Of course I'm deeply grateful for the ability to have children in the first place, don't get me wrong, but a gal needs to vent every once in a while. So this was my chance to vent, sorry folks.
6 comments:
What can I say! I love my girl and you will have a close and loving relationship with yours.
It will all bre great - you have one at least
Heather...you are my hero to have 4 kids. Lily is one lucky girl to have a mom like you to spoil her rotten. My niece is the same way...2 older brothers and one younger brother. The poor younger brother learned to play dress up and barbies along side trucks and dirt. It will all be fun.
Yes, it would be nice to have two girls, but you are going to fall so MADLY in love with your new baby son. I always thought (secretly, of course) that I was meant more to be the mother of a girl than the mother of a boy. Got one of each, for which I am deeply thankful, but oh, I would not trade my beautiful Joseph for anything, despite the fact that he is a completely normal high-energy boy who is sometimes very hard to keep up with. I just adore him. Same will be true of you... especially because the two you already have are so darling.
Girls are emotionally more challenging than boys. Lily won't have to worry about a little sister raiding her closet, her toys, her books... I have an older sister. I suspect I was a real trial to her at times growing up!
I think there is nothing wrong with venting every now and then :)
I don't know if I could ever have 4 kiddos! I think you are amazing, 2 is a lot for me and I have been thinking it might be it for us. Anyhow I think all of the things you were thinking of not being able to do are completely reasonable and it's okay to feel that way.
You are an amazing mom Heather! I know we don't talk much anymore since I moved, but I am greatful to have had the chance to get to know you.
Take Care,
Sarah
I love all these new posts! You and your new little boy will be so in love. I'm excited for you. I had a sister but was always closer to my 2 brothers anyway, even now. And now Lily's wedding can be over the top! Love your dream house and I have the same making piles problem. OK, hope you're feeling great!
Post a Comment