Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 30 - Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days

I made it! Day 30! Wow! I'm quite surprised that it only took me 31 days to do it. :) Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

So today's topic is "Hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days."

My first thought about that is that my life over the next year is going to be a bit busy. I'll spend the next 19 weeks or so creating a new life, getting the house ready for that new little life, and trying to enjoy "going and doing" with only 3 little people in tow. I'm sure having a fourth will make getting around a bit trickier, but I'll just have to get used to it. I still remember the first time I made it out and about with 3....we went to Costco, and I survived. Barely.

I'm looking forward to see my Sammy get baptized this summer. That is going to be simply amazing. I just wish I could crawl inside his complicated brain for once and get a glimpse of what he thinks about it all. Maybe he'll surprise me and actually tell me.

I'm excited for Mr. Tyler to start Kindergarten in the fall. That kid has been ready for Kindergarten for way too long. He's going to love it. And I think the timing of him starting just about a month after the baby coming will be great, for everyone involved.

I'm curious to see how Lilly reacts to having a baby around here. She loves babies in general, so hopefully that is a good start. But she can get jealous. Yikes. Hopefully if I can score a sweet deal on a used double stroller, we can use that for much needed distractions while the weather is still nice.

I'm trying to wait patiently to meet Mr. Baby. I'm already past the half way mark. But I know the second half is going to seem like an eternity. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well and that we don't run into any issues along the way. I've got to start talking my doctor into letting me get induced at least a week early....so that my mom can be there for Mr. Baby's arrival. She, and the rest of my side of the family, will be going on a trip to San Diego the week that I am due. Bad timing, I know.

I know that the next 365 will most likely revolve around the baby. And that is ok. I hope that I can remember to savor every last thing.....diapers, nighttime feedings, newborn cries, etc. I hope that I can find a way to make sure the other 3 kiddos feel just as loved and important as their new baby brother. That can be tricky. I hope that I don't go mental from the lack of sleep. And if I do, I think Mr. Baby will be getting formula a little earlier than his siblings did.
Sorry kid. ;)

I hope that this last post of the 30 day challenge wasn't "T.M.I" for some of you. I'm sure I'll look back on this little adventure with big smiles. So thank you to Bobby for the idea and for encouraging me to do it with you. And now a challenge for any of you reading this and thinking that you don't have time to do the 30 day challenge or that it seems too silly to spend your time on....just do it. You'll thank me later. :)

8 comments:

Deb said...

I have loved the 30 Days of blog posts.

sewnews said...

It has been wonderful.

Susan Morgan said...

This has been great. I have so enjoyed reading the posts, and also knowing that you are posting frequently. Very nice!

You know, Matt is a great guy (I would not argue), but water does meet its own level. You two are a good match for each other, and just as you are lucky to have such a fine man, he is equally lucky to have such a fabulous wife.

Juliana said...

I really enjoyed your 30 days of fun!

Robyn said...

You will be a busy lady, but 4 kids will become normal before you know it. Thanks for doing the 30 days with me. You are a true friend. :)

Melissa said...

I so loved reading these posts. I am going to try to do it when life slows a bit. my blog has been seriously neglected.

Your kids will so much appreciate this later when they read it. what a fabulous idea this was.

...just a side note...I have a double stroller. It is a jeep stroller still in great condition hanging in my garage. Not the best stroller but if you are interested let me know.

Verity said...

What a treat--I loved all of these posts, too. Love you, Heather!

Becca said...

Best wishes for a great year with a new babe! He's so lucky to be a Cropper!