Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 24- My day in great detail

(I really don't think anyone will enjoy reading this...other than maybe me, a few years down the road. But nonetheless I am up for the challenge. This just might be the hardest post to write, EVER!)


7:15 am Woke up to Lilly laughing and giggling (on the baby monitor).
7:18 am Finally got my eyes to open, and stay open. Rolled out of bed to go get her and change her diaper. I could hear that the boys were already awake downstairs.
7:20 am Went downstairs to start breakfast. A little worried about Tyler - he is coughing.....hopefully he'll be ok to go to preschool today.
7:30 am Breakfast with the family, including Matt today! Had toast, then I remembered we still had some yummy strawberries and raspberries from Costco to eat too!
7:45 am Scripture time with the kids while we finish breakfast. Matt read from 1 Nephi chapter 3. He likened "casting lots" (to see who had to go talk to Laban first) to playing Rock Paper Scissors. The boys thought that was funny.

7:50 am Kids are all done, upstairs playing (but supposed to be getting dressed). Clean up breakfast mess. Load dishwasher. Decide to clean up the cake decorating mess from yesterday (made Dad a b-day cake). Realize that green food coloring is hard to get off the countertop.
8:06 am Go upstairs to get Lilly dressed and motivate Tyler to get dressed (Sam is already done and playing Geo Trax in the basement until it's time to go).
8:25 am Kids are all ready. Lilly had a small crying fit over some unknown reason. We read Cinderella (the boys listened too) and she cheered up. Time to make Sam's lunch.
8:35 am Make appointment to go to the gym. Finally get dressed.
8:53 am Take Sam to school.
9:02 am Home for just a bit. Hang out with Tyler while he waits for his ride to preschool. (Yes, the cough went away as soon as he had a drink with breakfast, thank goodness.)
9:30 am Go to the gym. Lilly is happy to go play at the day care. Cardio on the arc trainer and the treadmill. Watch a few random TV shows (Good Things Utah, Baby Story) while I get some exercise.
11:00 am Home from the gym. Lilly is acting super hungry and super tired already. We have a quick snack. Cottage cheese and Ritz.
11:15 am Quick hot shower. Ahhhh, much better.
11:27 am Phone call from sweet Marcie inviting Tyler to go play at her house with Carson.
11:30 am Phone call from random lady asking for Lowell. Wrong number.
11:31 am Phone call from Dad. He asked me to do a favor or two for him this afternoon.
11: 40 am Phone call from Mom. We giggled about the favor that Dad asked me to do....and scheduled the annual Grandma's Easter Egg hunt for next month.
*Note: My phone never rings. It was completely unusual to get that many phone calls in such a short amount of time...so I had to document it!
11:45 am Started attacking the mountain of laundry waiting for me in the laundry room.
11:55 am Rocked Lilly, read her "The Very Quiet Cricket", tried to sing my best version "Song of a bird" (her new favorite, but I get the lyrics mixed up) and "Twinkle Twinkle"
12:00 pm Checked a few emails. Need to make lunch pronto. I'm starving already.
12:05 pm Tuna sandwich sounded good. Started Dad's "favor."
12:24 pm Phone call from cute DeDe.
12:35 pm Matt had a quick break from work and came home to have lunch.
12:55 pm Matt had to go back, so now I'm back to the computer while it's quiet. Listing a few things on KSL.
1:25 pm Break for laundry. More listing on KSL/Craigslist.
2:02 pm Lilly is waking up from her nap. Time to be done with KSL & Craigslist for a while.
2:33 pm Just had a nice cuddle with Lilly. We read from the Disney Storybook Collection and watched the rain outside. I love rain.
2:45 pm Snack with Lilly. Banana.
3:00 pm Pick up Tyler from Carson's house. Quick chat with Marcie.
3:15 pm Pick up Sam from school. Pouring rain.
345 pm Just got back inside from playing out in the rain with the kids. They each got to hold their own umbrella and loved it. Lilly didn't quite get the concept of holding it over her head to stay dry....so she got very wet. She didn't seem to mind one bit.
4:00 pm Returned a few phone calls and emails about KSL stuff. A few people will be coming over later.
4:10 pm Decide to do the dishes since they are overflowing out of the sink and onto the counter.
4:28 pm Call my dear friend Emily to wish her a Happy Birthday!!!!! :)
4:30 pm Time to figure out dinner....argh.
4:45 pm Getting dinner ready...tortellini, veggies, corn. Also got the dishwasher unloaded.
5:00 pm Dinner time. Matt is home - hooray! He's dealing with Tyler's 3-year-old tantum right now. Thank goodness.
5:30 pm Full bellies. Dishes done. It's snowing like crazy outside!!!
5:35 pm Family Home Evening! Matt "helped" Sam give a lesson on serving others. Lilly got to choose the music ("Clap, clap, bow" & "Song of a Bird"). Tyler picked our activity - so we played Chutes and Ladders.
6:45 pm Homework time with Sam. Lilly is going up to get her PJs on...she is extra tired for some reason!?!? Tyler is begging to play Monopoly with Matt....so he got his bedtime stuff done early so they would have time to play for a few minutes.
6:56 pm Made a few phone calls. Sent an email to Sam's teacher about his field trip on Friday.
7:07 pm Lilly is climbing all over me trying to get to the computer so she can watch the funny web video that I posted for Day 23. She's quoting it: "Daytime! Nighttime!" Sam is quoting it too: "You know I'm working nights!"
7:12 pm Watched a few funny videos with Sam and Lilly (more BBC animals) while Tyler and Matt played Monopoly.
7:15 pm Started folding the mountain of laundry that collected on my bed all day. Lilly to bed in the next few minutes. Matt has dibs to put her to bed.
7:55 pm Finally done with the folding! The boys are ready for bed now.
8:12 pm Visit the Google Images site to find pictures to go with this post. :) Robyn inspired me to do that.
8:15 pm Put some orange rolls in the oven for a yummy treat.
8:25 pm Girl stopped by to buy a drill that I listed on KSL. I was selling it for $15, but she "only brought $10 with her." Love that. She threw in some sort of paper money from India that she said is worth about $3. So random. At least the boys will think it's cool. I would rather have American money.
8:30 pm Rolls are ready. Ice cold milk to go with them. Matt and I have decided to call it a night and crawl into bed and watch an episode of "Pysch." Goodnight.



6 comments:

Deb said...

WOW, I'm tired just reading about your day. But it actually sounds like a loving home. I'm so proud to be your MOM.

Verity said...

This was awesome, completely awesome. It's all the little things you do throughout the day that make your home a happy place to be!

sewnews said...

I second Deb's tired while reading. Would love you to be my mom. Auntie Lynn

emily, etc, etc said...

Thank you for the birthday phone call....so thoughtful of you!

My favorite part was about the Indian money - that is so funny!

Robyn said...

Surprisingly this is my favorite day to read about on everyone's blogs! I love having a feel for your days! I think I'm going to start calling you Lowell now. And I gotta know about your dad's "favor".

Becca said...

I loved reading this! Yes, you are busy and your dad's favor is quite mysterious! I miss you! We're coming to Utah in April and Peter is asking to play with Tyler and Sam! Can we catch you sometime?