The week of Thanksgiving, we were lucky enough to have Jason's family come up from Ridgecrest to visit for an entire week!!! I feel like a kid in a candy store when they come to town!
The kids had so much fun with their cousins! We went up to Grandma and Papa's house A LOT while the cousins were in town so that we could spend as much time as possible with them! Rhiannon was such a good sport about Lilly's following her around like a baby duckling!
This picture makes me laugh because Tyler has Wade's DS, Sam has Rhiannon's phone, Wade is playing with one of the the baby toys, and Rhiannon is giggling and trying to get away from me while I take the picture!
Here's Jason and Rhiannon goofing off for the camera....it is near impossible to get a real smiley faced picture of Jason!
The highlight of the week was celebrating Grandma's birthday - - all together!!! Jason pointed out that he had not been home for her birthday since before he left for college. Crazy! It was about time for us to celebrate Grandma's b-day all together!! Her birthday fell on a Sunday and so it was the perfect opportunity to gather for dinner, a talent show (to grant her b-day wish), dessert, and FUN! The grandkids did a marvelous job performing a talent for Grandma. Then they joined in together for a birthday song choir (see below):
Grandma, of course, was lovin' it!!!!
Grandma was nice enough to share her gingerbread cake with Lilly...but Lilly liked it so much that Grandma ended up needing a second piece! :)
Cousin fun.....
Never a dull moment....
(Brett and McKaleigh swapped coats)
Papa treated us to a night of The Pie Pizza and bowling at the University of Utah Union Center. Pie/Bowling Night is a Cushing family tradition!
One of these Heather/Verity self-portraits is also a tradition! :)
Sweet picture of Brett and Jaymie!
I can't believe these two are both teenagers! When did that happen?
I'm sure I'll blink and Colton and Wade will be teenagers too! Yikes!
Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures of Thanksgiving and Black Friday....but we had such a lovely time! We basically spent the entire day on Thursday helping Grandma in the kitchen and studying the store ads. Matt had to work, but got off in time for dinner. We had a lovely feast...and I'm talking A FEAST!....and then we waited for the first of the stores to open up! We (my brothers and sister-in-laws) made a battle plan and then we headed out for a night of shopping craziness! To my surprise Jason was willing to join Verity, Rhiannon, and I to our first stop at Wal-mart! Dun..dun..dun. Actually it wasn't all that bad. A brand new Wal-mart opened up just up the street from my mom and dad's house, so I don't think too many people knew about it. We were in and out of there in about 25 minutes or so. Jason ditched us and went home after that...he had had enough...and then just us girls went to a few more stores. I was done and home by about 10:00 pm. Not bad! The kids were lucky enough to stay at Grandma's house and have a big cousin sleepover! The sleepover was a huge success and, most importantly, Grandma survived! :) Thanks Grandma!
We had such a fun time spending the week with Jason and his family! It is never "enough" time together, of course, but we will look forward to their next visit for sure!













3 comments:
Grandma loved it too. Anytime we are ALL together it is a special time.
How fun to see Jason's fam! Everyone is growing up so quickly.
We loved being with you all! Thanks for all the great pictures and recaps!
Post a Comment