We miss Grandma Lola....a lot.
The kids and I wanted to do something special to celebrate what would have been her 82nd birthday. So we made her cards and took them to her grave. The cards that the kids made were just so sweet. I'm so glad that I took pictures of them before we went to the cemetery.
This is Lilly's:
(She really thought hard and requested all of the heart stickers that I could find in our stash. She also added some of her precious Barbie stickers.)
This is Sam's:
(He chose the stickers and the what he wrote. I did not suggest any of what he did. Some of it is a little hard to read...so this is what it says: "We are like two peas in a pod". I (heart) Grandma. "Everything looks impossible for the people who never try anything." Jean-Louse Etienne. "A picture is a poem without words." Homer.)
(I'm not sure what he meant by "Society for original sameness." but I loved that he signed it "Best friends forever." Too bad we ran out of the letter "y"....so he added them with his marker. And just in case, he left our phone number.)
Tyler's card made me cry. This is the front:
(It is a picture of Tyler - down at the bottom - thinking of or remembering one of our visits to Grandma Lola's house. I'm on the left side with Sam, Lilly, and Charlie. Tyler is the one saying "no" - -because he didn't want to leave. Grandma Lola is by the door holding Tyler's hands.)
The inside:
("The road to a friend's house is never long." A picture of our van with me driving and the four kids in the back seat."Best friends. I heart-heart-heart you. Buddies - - pointing to another picture of Grandma Lola and Tyler, who is saying, "I love you." True friend - - pointing to Grandma Lola.)
I cried.
We decided to meet up at the cemetery with Grandma Deb. We brought the "b-day" cards and other decorations to make the grave site pretty. The kids and I thought that was a fun way to celebrate Grandma Lola's life. Grandma Deb brought treats and we talked about Grandma Lola and Grandpa Ed and how happy they are in heaven together, at last.
I miss them both. But I know they are happy and I know I will see them again.






4 comments:
This is one of my favorite memories, it was so SWEET to have the kids so excited to do the cards and have a party at the cemetery. I'm was so impressed by the cards and the thought that went into making them.
This Is a wonderful party idea. You. Are all terrific
This is so sweet.
Oh my goodness, thank you for posting their cards. So amazing and so sweet!
Post a Comment