Day 3 didn't start all that well.....
Little did we know that Lilly gets car sick! Yikes! We knew that Sam was prone to getting sick, so we had our pediatrician prescribe him some motion sickness tabs to put behind his ears - - p.s. - - they TOTALLY WORK! When we first headed out of the Anaheim area to make our trek toward Legoland, we got stuck in L.A. traffic! Oh my goodness...I hope to never again get stuck in that kind of traffic! Especially with a really cute three year old heaving in the back seat. Good thing I had a bucket prepared....but sorry to those other cars on the L.A. freeway that had to drive over her "offering" when I poured it out the window! "T.M.I."...sorry!
So, yes, after we survived our travels to the San Diego area, we were able to get out of the van, breathe some FRESH air, and enjoy the the wonderful sights of
LEGOLAND!!!!!
Sam and Tyler had been looking forward to Legoland for quite some time! In fact, there was a while there when Tyler made it very clear that he was WAY more excited for Legoland than he was for any of the Disney stuff. Huh? Nonetheless, we went to this new (to us) theme park with open minds and ended up having a great day!
There were all sorts of fun characters built out of Legos...just so happens that Sam and Tyler are big into Harry Potter right now!
Lilly the Lion?
This reminded me of the big lion drinking fountain at the Hogle Zoo!
Lilly had a hard time getting the hang of this mini Lego car ride. She had to steer and push the gas pedal all by herself...it was a little too much for her cute little brain to process all at the same time! The poor gal that was working the ride had to go out and "save" Lilly a few times when she got herself stuck in a corner. :)
But did she have fun?....yes, sir-ee!!!
Lilly was seriously impressed with the size of this Lego car!
Tyler was super excited to be big enough to drive his own boat!
More Lego characters to enjoy!!!
(How would one type out the sound that Chewbacca makes???
If I could figure that out I would type it here:
" ")
I had to laugh at Matt here....it looks like he has short little legs and those pumpkins are his feet!
Ccchhhhheeeeesssseeeeeeee!
We stopped to rest for a bit under this shaded area where there were Legos spread out all over these tables. Sam and Tyler enjoyed having a chance to use their imaginations and build some creations of their own! (They were more than annoyed when we told them we were moving on.....they could have stayed there for hours!)
We did not realize that Legoland had it's own GINORMOUS splash pad-type play area. It was like a playground the size of our house......then add in water.....lots of it.....a huge crowd of screaming (in a good way) children....and that equals F.U.N.!!! Unfortunately, we did not bring swimsuits for the kids. We explained to them the consequences that they would face for the rest of our day (wet sopping clothes, socks, and shoes!) if they went and played in the water....and they went right on ahead and had a great time getting soaked!!!
Lilly was in heaven swinging in this little swing in the "little kids" area. She sat in that thing for almost 30 minutes (or so it seemed!).
Here are the three wet cats, oops....I mean, three wet kids.
See that big colorful structure behind them? That's the big wet playground thingie that they loved!
Next, we went to check out the Star Wars land!
Holy smokes!! It was amaaaaaaazing!
It was hard not to let my jaw hit the ground.....I was in pure awe of all of the detailed Star Wars scenes that they had there!
We did go on some really fun rides throughout the day, but all five of us really enjoyed seeing the Lego creations up close just as much as the rides!
Unfortunately, the park closed at 5:00 pm (off-season hours) so we had to be done WAY before we would have liked to have been done.
We did have time for one last family photo op before we left!
When we were all done with our Lego mania....we were all STARVING for some foodies!
Lucky for us, there just so happened to be one of our all time favorite restaurants about 3 minutes away....Claim Jumper!!!!! Oh yeah!
We took this picture with Matt's phone so we could send it to our brother-in-law, Kazi. We were trying to make him jealous of all of the yumminess we were about to partake of! :) It seriously was SO delicious and a great way to end our fun day!

















6 comments:
We loved Legoland, too! Glad you had fun! :)
I'm so glad you had the chance to visit LEGOLAND! What fun and Claim Jumpers too!!!!!!!!!!
Poor Lily but Legoland looks amazing. Love Claim Jumper
I'm so jealous of your fun trip...except the carsick part! At least she still looks cute even when she's sick.
I'd kind of forgot about the water park. Sorry I didn't warn you. Glad you guys had a good time. I've never been to Claim Jumpers. You'll have to take me sometime :)
Hooray for Claimjumper!
Post a Comment