Friday, February 8, 2013

Trip to California - October 2012 - Day 6

Day 6 started out great and ended a little rough.

We started out by sleeping in....finally!...after go-go-go for several days in a row! After we got packed up, we took the kids to Downtown Disney. We had fun checking out the Disney Store and letting the kids pick out a souvenir, or two, to take home. 

"Excuse me sir, is that a Wookie backpack or do you just have a really hairy back?"

 Sam and Tyler were over the moon for the giant LEGO store!
Not only were there more fun giant Lego creations to see (like at Legoland!), but plenty of options for their own spending money!

 We probably spent a little too much time at Downtown Disney. Oops. We got a really late start to our drive back home. We decided that we would just drive the entire way back home in one day, rather than break it in two parts. 
Luckily the kids had a few new things to keep them entertained and happy (new Lego sets for the boys and a "Boo" doll and Minnie Mouse pretend make-up set for Lilly) during our long drive. They watched way too many shows though. We had to make quite a few pitstops for restroom breaks and meals too. The kids didn't fall asleep until about 10:00 pm, which is super late for them. They just couldn't seem to get comfy! Even though I really, really, really wanted to just shut my eyes and go to sleep....I stayed up with Matt until we rolled in to our driveway around 1:30 am. Oh man, it felt so good to crawl into my very own bed and go to sleep!

It also felt really good to go pick up Charlie from Grandma and Papa's house the next morning. I wasn't sure how he would react. Luckily he didn't give me the cold shoulder like Lilly did when we left her a few years ago to take the boys to California. He was happy to see me and I couldn't kiss him nearly enough! I really missed him. I'm grateful that he had so much fun with Grandma and Papa. (THANK YOU, Mom and Dad!!!!!!) 

It's crazy to think that if we keep up with this every 2 years go to Disneyland tradition we will be taking ALL FOUR kids next time! I know that Charlie will have a blast and it will be an adventure, to say the least, to take four kids on a long road trip. (Bobby, I don't know how you do it!!!) Anyone want to join us?

3 comments:

Deb said...

It's great to see the trip pictures. I hope purchased the backpack!

Kara said...

Looks like the whole trip was so much fun!

Robyn said...

I do it because for us there's no such thing as "too many shows" on a road trip, and that's heaven to my kids!