Ahhh...the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!
Day 4 was my favorite of all! We spent the entire day soaking up the wonders of Disneyland!
It was especially fun this time because it was Lilly's FIRST time! It was an entirely new experience to go to Disneyland with a GIRL. So much fun!
Here is my little cutie waiting patiently to go inside the gates.
Sam was a very good navigator throughout our entire day.
He had that map memorized inside and out!
As per Lilly's request, we went on Dumbo for our very first ride of the day.
(It was also our very last ride of the day!)
Lilly loved the giant carousel!
Whenever her brothers wanted to go on a ride that was scary, Lilly and I would just go ride the carousel again. She didn't mind one bit!
While Dad took the boys on Star Tours, Lilly and I had fun exploring together.
We had our first Mickey sighting!
We also had our first PRINCESS sighting!!!
We really lucked out because Lilly only cared about seeing 2 princesses: Ariel and Rapunzel!
We were walking back towards Fantasy Land and ran into Ariel on our way!
Lilly was starstruck! :)
When I realized how long the line was going to be to meet Rapunzel, I sent Dad with the three kiddos to go on a few rides while I waited. I actually didn't mind....I ended up meeting a nice couple from California and we talked for about 45 minutes. When I was getting close to the front of the line, I just made a quick phone call to Dad and he brought the kids over. It worked out quite well! And Lilly got to have her moment......
I almost got teary while we were talking to Rapunzel. She was so cute with Lilly! Rapunzel made Lilly "pinky promise" that they would be friend forever. She also asked us where our family was from and complimented us on how well behaved our kids were. Seriously? Rapunzel is totally my favorite too!
We also had plenty of other character sightings that were NOT princesses.
We all had fun meeting Pooh....
....and Tigger!
The "Magic Pass" worked out quite well for us during our day at Disneyland. They really know how to accommodate families with special needs kiddos! One of the rides that we really couldn't have done without "the pass" was Splash Mountain. Even with the pass, it still took us about 20 minutes or so to get on the ride. That was like an eternity for "someone" I know. Do you think it was worth it? Take a look at this picture to find out:
.....ha ha ha! That picture makes me laugh! I was holding on to both boys for dear life! They all of a sudden got really nervous when we were about to go down the big hill. I don't blame them! So I grabbed Tyler with one arm (which was tricky because he was behind me!) and Sam with the other arm...and guess what? We survived!!! Tyler and Sam's faces are so funny in that picture!!!!!
Dad was nice enough to save us a spot on the parade route while I took the kids to meet Mickey.
Unfortunately, by the time we got out of Mickey's house, the parade was so close to starting that they blocked off the path to where Matt was. We tried our darndest to find each other while we were talking on our cell phones...but it was too stinkin' loud for me to hear him. We ended up with not-so-great spots to watch the parade.....Matt ended up with Tyler on his shoulders and I had Lilly on mine so that they could see. Then there was poor Sammy trying to stand as tall as he could on his tippy toes so that he could get a glimpse of what was passing by. Oh, I felt so bad.
Luckily, after the parade we had time to go on Dumbo one last time...so that cheered everyone up a bit!
It was a lovely day and we were thoroughly worn out!













1 comment:
Love the smiles what fun
Post a Comment